Speculation: Who sits when Z is back?

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
fyi, didn't include unrealistic options that might be popular around here like alfie or franzen. and also assuming andersson and bertuzzi are already scratched.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I'd like to see a rotation of Jurco/LGD. Let them both get some playoff experience and play the hot hand. Jurco may match up better with Boston because of size, but LGD can get under their skin.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
It'll obviously be Jurco.

Miller is too valuable on the PK, I doubt they sit Legwand and Abby and Glendening are realgud.

I'd personally sit Luke:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Tater-Sheahan-Jurco
Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson
Miller-Legwand-Abdelkader

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The fact that we're talking about Legwand being on the 4th line or benched, when healthy, just pisses me off.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
It'll obviously be Jurco.

Miller is too valuable on the PK, I doubt they sit Legwand and Abby and Glendening are realgud.

I'd personally sit Luke:

Tater-Sheahan-Jurco
Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson
Miller-Legwand-Abdelkader

Why Glendening? He started to be an important part of our PK, being on 3 of the 5 most frequent PK units this season.

But still i agree, I'm afraid it would be Jurco who's seated.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
it will and should be jurco

miller and glen play a different and likely more important role come playoffs

let jurco get some games in then send him back to dominate in grand rapids

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
The fact that we're talking about Legwand being on the 4th line or benched, when healthy, just pisses me off.

In the sense that you'd rather have him higher up the depth chart, or the fact that we gave up assets for him in the first place and now he's proving to be somewhat unnecessary?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
In the sense that you'd rather have him higher up the depth chart, or the fact that we gave up assets for him in the first place and now he's proving to be somewhat unnecessary?

The latter.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Would rather see Glendening on the 4th than Legwand. Leggy just seems redundant if we're healthy and Helm is outperforming him.

And I'd bench Franzen before I bench Jurco at this point. At least until he feels like playing.

*Jinx please*

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Legwand, Why in the hell do any of you want to brake up the kids? That is just dumb!He is bigger, faster, better shooter and younger!

Tater-Sheahan-Jurco
Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson
Miller-Glendening-Abdelkader

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
We should have something like 3-5 hugely important playoff games before Z gets back. That's enough time to let the entire roster compete for that last spot. Bench the weakest link in my opinion, and don't give ANYONE a free pass. Until then I'd give everyone a blank slate.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
It's likely to be Jurco because it's Babcock. If he just kept the damn Kid Line together then this wouldn't be an issue.

Me personally:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfie
Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Miller-Helm-Glendening/Abdelkader

For me it would come down to Abdelkader, Glendening, or Miller:

- Millier's the best PK guy, has the most experience, and works well on the left wing so I think I'd keep him.

- In addition to his agitating nature, I really like Glendening's ability to play shutdown center and PK more than Abdelkader. I also really think sliding him to wing allows him to play a lot more physical. We seen it one of the games he and Helm actually played together.

- Abdelkader is a "Babcock big body", can play on the PK, has worked well with Helm in the past, and is a better backboard than Glendening.

I don't think I could fault either choice if it came down to Glendening vs Abdelkader for the 4th line wing. Right now I'd say Glendening is in my lineup because he's better defensively and I'd want this line to play some big defensive minutes when needed. I have 3 scoring lines up front, so I'm not worried about the offensive disadvantage that comes with Glendening vs Abdelkader.

Frk It says how it pisses him off that Legwand is even an option... Well it pisses me off that Abdelkader is even an option and even worse the guy that I'd sit considering that he is glued to the hip of our current best player.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I don't think I could fault either choice if it came down to Glendening vs Abdelkader for the 4th line wing. Right now I'd say Glendening is in my lineup because he's better defensively and I'd want this line to play some big defensive minutes when needed. I have 3 scoring lines up front, so I'm not worried about the offensive disadvantage that comes with Glendening vs Abdelkader.

Same here. Even though it's not easy to bench Abby. But if it's gotta to be one, i'd choose him over Luke.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Imo that's a bridge we burn when we get to it. Which we very well may not.

It will depend on who plays the best. If we beat Boston and the kid line is a big reason, I doubt Babcock can break it up even for Z. By then we may have gotten someone injured which would solve the problem by itself, or one of Miller/Abdelkader/Glendening/Legwand may have been ineffective in their roles.

To me Abdelkader may be the most expendable guy, just because he's not a key part of either the PP or PK and as Babcock is using him in a top 6 role he would get pushed out of that when Z returns.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If it came down to it, I actually wouldnt want Glendening playing because of his agitating style. I think the wings can almost lull the Bruins to sleep with their skilled play and make the Bruins physical advantage less pronounced. If Glendening is out there pissing guys off it makes Lucic more likely to run at Kronner or Nyquist etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad