Who sits when Booth/Kesler arrive?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Just stop it Joe. Your Schroeder hate is getting old.

Ebbet is definitely the odd man out but if there is no injury and needs to be 2 , then I would pick to expose Volpatti and keep Weise.

Ok, no, you have to stop. I have had two posts out of 900 plus saying, we need to prepare that there is a chance JS gets sent back down. Much like Tanev was last season, and even CH the year before, it is for waiver purposes. All things being equal he should be on this team.

and on both you have told me to stop trashing him. Maybe you should look back at my history, and see like some others, I have been pumping his tires for well as long as I have been here. Hell I turned down trade offers in the Luongo threads that involved him.

Now if my memory serves me right (it may not as I haven't really been paying attention to you) you have been saying we need to trade Luongo ASAP... how is that going for yeah?

KidCanuck*

Ebbett gets placed on waivers.

Kesler eased in on the forth line at center with Manny on the left and Weise on the right, Volpatti comes out of the line up.

Kesler eventually moves back to his second line with Schroeder moving to the third line with Hansen on his right and Higgins on his left. Lappy moving down the the fourth on the left side with Manny and Weise.

When Booth comes back and we have no injuries we are forced to place another player on waivers or send down Tanev, Kassian, or Schroeder. This one is a little more tricky. Could see Barker put on waivers here or possibly Volpatti.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Unlike at the start of the season, Ebbett could be sent down when Kesler's back since him being claimed no longer cripples the team. Henrik, Kesler, Schroeder, Lapierre, Malhotra. That's 5 NHL quality centers who would be healthy at that point (or the problem doesn't rear it's head). There's also now Burrows who has looked decent at center in a pinch.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen/Higgins
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen/Higgins
Malhotra, Volpatti

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

That's likely the ideal 23 man roster at this point (everyone will shuffle it a bit, but the players there are the ones worth keeping).

That's an awesome line-up! I wouldn't mind waiving Peppermint and getting an upgrade for Weise.

xxx - Lappy - Hansen/Higgins is a KILLER 4th line that not many teams could match.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I still do think that AV will want a shutdown center for the playoffs, he will not change his formula for his third line and Schroeder does not fit this mold. Kesler or Schroeder has to move to the wing on the second line.

While I tend to agree, having five natural centres in the lineup has to appeal to him. Great for depth and versatility. It's also quite clear that he trusts and likes Schroeder, so I do think there is a good chance that he sticks when Booth and Kesler are back.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I read that Kesler would be move to the wing and Schroeder as the center and Booth on the left side? this was said by Jason botchford? and someone esle mention this too......unconfirmed and that brass wants this too

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I don't like Kassian being put in a top-6 spot. I don't see him being physically ready to contribute what some of you are expecting him to, ie: being a physical force while chipping in offensively. I would rather slot him into the 4th line and if he is able to do those things, then that's a luxury, but I wouldn't pin any hopes on him being able to do that from what I've seen of him this season so far.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
I don't like Kassian being put in a top-6 spot. I don't see him being physically ready to contribute what some of you are expecting him to, ie: being a physical force while chipping in offensively. I would rather slot him into the 4th line and if he is able to do those things, then that's a luxury, but I wouldn't pin any hopes on him being able to do that from what I've seen of him this season so far.

This post kind of confuses me.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

He will be wasted on the fourth line.......it top 6 or nothing

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
A top 9 forward will have to play on the 4th line if everyone is healthy. It could be Kassian, it could be Hansen, it could be Higgins, Booth, etc...

But it all means nothing.
Whoever is playing the best will get the most minutes. Higgins could start off on the 2nd line and end up on the 4th line if he plays poorly, or Kassian could start on the 4th line and could end up playing with the Sedins later in the game if he's playing well/the lines need to be shuffled.

Treefingers

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 21, 2006
Vancouver

phdfddddfdoneunch.gif

Doesn't he lead the team in goals? And he's been reasonably physical as well, so...

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Sedin Sedin Kassian
Raymond Kesler Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Booth Lapierre Weise

Three good lines and then the grinders.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Not sure why this is a concern.
Given the Canucks' luck in these situations, I am certain a few forwards will be injured by the time Kesler and Booth are ready to return.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Leads the team in goals and 4th on the team in hits after Volpatti, Weise, and Lapierre. What exactly is the problem?

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
People suggesting Malhotra should get the boot ought to keep in mind that his faceoff percentage is currently over 70, making him tops in the league. Having a guy like that in the line-up you can use for key defensive faceoffs is invaluable.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'd be fine with waiving Volpatti, more that I think about it. Worst case scenario, he gets claimed, best case is we have the ability to keep him. If we lose him on waivers, we still have Vandermeer on the Wolves that can come up to the NHL and provide some extra toughness if we are ever in need of some.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Weise/Malhotra

All the wingers (except Daniel; Sedins always stay together) are interchangeable and can play on either line they get placed on and have fairly good success. Imagine if we got a top six winger in a deal for Luongo - our forward depth would be just disgustingly awesome.

Buffalo In A Carwash

Registered User?
Apr 10, 2012
Quesnel

Well, first we'd need to acquire Kassian from the Wild. :sarcasm:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'd be fine with waiving Volpatti, more that I think about it. Worst case scenario, he gets claimed, best case is we have the ability to keep him. If we lose him on waivers, we still have Vandermeer on the Wolves that can come up to the NHL and provide some extra toughness if we are ever in need of some.

We also have Pinizzotto, who I think will be on the Canucks next season.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I still do think that AV will want a shutdown center for the playoffs, he will not change his formula for his third line and Schroeder does not fit this mold. Kesler or Schroeder has to move to the wing on the second line.

Ive considered this, but I'm not sure it's valid anymore. We've always had trouble scoring in the playoffs, maybe he's changed his tune on this a bit. We went into the playoffs with Wellwood as our 3C a few seasons back and his line was great in the playoffs, Schroeder is in the mold defensively as a player like Wellwood.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We also have Pinizzotto, who I think will be on the Canucks next season.

If only he could stay healthy. I still believe, and have since we have had Pinizzotto, that he'd be an awesome fourth line player for us.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Before the season started I would have figured the line-up would be set with the Luongo + pieces traded. Now it looks like Canucks have too much depth that must facilitate a trade.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen
Hansen-Lapierre-Wiese

Malhotra? Raymond? Volapatti?

These three players are needed and are NHL regulars that don't normally spend a lot of time in the press box as someone like Ebbett would. It will be interesting to see how the situation is managed, Malhotra is needed for his faceoffs, Raymond is on a tear, and Volpatti is playing his role to a tee which is critical for a 4th line.

nonono Raymond is in for sure and why are there two Hansens. Burrows and Kassian should switch.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Lapierre

EDIT: Schroeder will probably get sent back but this is what I want to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad