Higgins Kesler Kassain

Hansen Schroeder Raymond

Weise LaPierre Volpatti

Hansen wouldn't be playing LW on the third line, I think the lines will be:

Sedin - Sedin - Burr
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Volpatti - Lapierre - Weise

Higgins and Raymond may switch places, but I think that with the way Raymond is playing, a healthy Kes on his line would be even better than Shredder. That third line is still greased lightning with offensive abilities.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

Sedin - Sedin - Burr

Higgins and Raymond may switch places, but I think that with the way Raymond is playing, a healthy Kes on his line would be even better than Shredder. That third line is still greased lightning with offensive abilities.

I agree that Raymond is out-playing Higgins, but I love the idea of keeping the Speedy Raymond, Shroeder, Hansen lines together.

Build that chemistry which is already off to a decent start! (Some people seem to think it just 'happens'.)

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I agree that Raymond is out-playing Higgins, but I love the idea of keeping the Speedy Raymond, Shroeder, Hansen lines together.

Build that chemistry which is already off to a decent start! (Some people seem to think it just 'happens'.)

I agree with this. I think that Raymond has far better chemistry with Schroeder than with RK17.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Sedin - Sedin - Burr

Raymond has played extremely well with Schroeder and his chemistry with Kesler has always been abysmal, unlike Higgins. Why break up what is actually working?

professorchaos

Nov 22, 2011
Langley
Raymond has played extremely well with Schroeder and his chemistry with Kesler has always been abysmal, unlike Higgins. Why break up what is actually working?

That lack of chemistry you speak of between Kesler and Raymond was when neither of them were healthy. The last time these two were healthy and played together, they were great. With Raymond's speed and passing game at it's current level, I think he and Kes can find some of that old magic that saw Raymond net 53 points. If it doesn't work then just switch MayRay with Higgins.

Wizeman*

They are moving Higgins around because he is the odd man out. He will play on the second line because booth isnt there. Then he has no spot at all.

The only option AV has at that point is to keep Higgins on the second line with Booth and Kesler and dump Kassian down to the 4th line but I dont like it. Kassian is a much more valuable player than that now and its just a waste to have him grinding because of his size so that Higgins can get juicy minutes.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Bumping this thread now that Booth looks not to far away. Who is sent down?

Ebbett is at the bottom of the depth chart at the mo, but he's center. Dose Volpatti get sent down since he is being replaced by a wing? Schroeder doesn't need to clear waivers.

IMO I don't see why a team with such strong forward depth and 3 solid D pairings needs the 2 extra D men. Easiest to send Barker down and bring up D if needed, but AV seems to feel different about it.

What are yall thinking?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Bumping this thread now that Booth looks not to far away. Who is sent down?

Ebbett is at the bottom of the depth chart at the mo, but he's center. Dose Volpatti get sent down since he is being replaced by a wing? Schroeder doesn't need to clear waivers.

IMO I don't see why a team with such strong forward depth and 3 solid D pairings needs the 2 extra D men. Easiest to send Barker down and bring up D if needed, but AV seems to feel different about it.

What are yall thinking?

Schroeder stays, center depth is needed.

Likely Ebbett or Barker.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
^ Agreed. Higgins-Lapierre-Weise could pretty much be another checking line.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Sucks that Malhotra is done, or else we could do some experimenting...

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler :amazed:
Burr - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lappy - Raymond
Weise - Malhotra - Kassian
The Honeybadger

Just to see what would happen, not saying I would go with this long-term, but it would be a nice shake-up.

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Sucks that Malhotra is done, or else we could do some experimenting...

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler :amazed:
Burr - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lappy - Raymond
Weise - Malhotra - Kassian
The Honeybadger

Just to see what would happen, not saying I would go with this long-term, but it would be a nice shake-up.

Wouldn't the Honey Badger goes in before Weise?
Or are you on the "Dutch Gretzky" bandwagon?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad