Who should we pick in Round 2 - Poll

Who do you want first pick of Round 2 (you can pick 2 names)

• Total voters

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I bring up this name because I remember listening to a podcast discussing him, and also seeing how ridiculously high he was ranked by Hockey Prospect in their Black Book. I know otherwise, nothing about him, and haven't watched or researched him for a second.

Where do people stand on Tristen Robins? For reference, he was ranked all the way up at #13 overall in the Black Book, which is definitely the outlier from what I have seen from other sources.

mike0618

Jul 18, 2011
Got to keep going bpa.. at area of need is nice but having prospects to trade later for needs is good too

Reactions: mantha39

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I bring up this name because I remember listening to a podcast discussing him, and also seeing how ridiculously high he was ranked by Hockey Prospect in their Black Book. I know otherwise, nothing about him, and haven't watched or researched him for a second.

Where do people stand on Tristen Robins? For reference, he was ranked all the way up at #13 overall in the Black Book, which is definitely the outlier from what I have seen from other sources.

I thought they put a little too much stock into the 2nd half of his season, but he is someone I would definitely take a shot on in round 2. Could use a RH center prospect for sure.

After reading more scouting reports and watching some reels on Gunler, I'd take Torgersson over him. Seems very Franzen-esque. Gunler seems very...bust-esque.

Why?

J15

Mar 18, 2009
I couldn't disagree more.
Do we need better first liners? 100%. But we also need better 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines. We also need better 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pair defensemen. We need improvement EVERYWHERE.

Ideally we end up with a 1st line center upgrade because Larkin is somewhere in the 25-30 range of first line centers around the league. And ideally we get an upgrade over Bertuzzi on the first line because he's in much the same situation. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to build a deep organization. And it doesn't mean we shouldn't swing for the fences with some of our later draft picks. One of them might become a Point or Kucherov. There are a few guys in the 2nd to 7th round of this draft that have that major boom or bust potential.

I guess it’s a matter of perspective. The way I see it, we already have great 2nd/3rd line players, the problem is they’re playing on the 1st line. Right now I think Mantha is the only player that belongs on a 1st line of an NHL team. A 2nd/3rd line of Larkin, Bert, Zadina, Veleno, Fabbri, Ras is plenty deep. Then we start thinking about the likes of Svech, Smith, Berggren etc who can all make decent cases for 3rd line work. Bringing in more middle six wingers will just add to the backlog without making the team any more competitive. I still stand by the fact that the only major need right now is elite talent, we’re bursting at the seems with prospects/players who project just below that.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I thought they put a little too much stock into the 2nd half of his season, but he is someone I would definitely take a shot on in round 2. Could use a RH center prospect for sure.

Why?

A lot of reports mention intensity issues, defensive floating issues, lack of effort, and sometimes looking like a world beater while other times looking not engaged at all.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
A lot of reports mention intensity issues, defensive floating issues, lack of effort, and sometimes looking like a world beater while other times looking not engaged at all.

Yeah, he seems like a pretty divisive prospect. In the Black Book I do some comments about how he is a shy kid and works really hard, and that Lulea has to drag him off the ice. But then I see the questions about his toughness on the ice. With his talent level, I am willing to roll the dice on a kid like that in round 2. Seems like teams had a hard time getting a read on him.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I feel like Foudy was a name I heard people wanting so much in the 2nd, I figured he'd actually go in the 1st.
Now it seems like nobody even wants him that much in the 2nd. Has something changed? Was he never actually that highly sought after?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I feel like Foudy was a name I heard people wanting so much in the 2nd, I figured he'd actually go in the 1st.
Now it seems like nobody even wants him that much in the 2nd. Has something changed? Was he never actually that highly sought after?

Not a smart hockey player. Great skater though

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Foudy is a victim of preseason draft hype putting him unjustifiably in the late 1st/early 2nd round. Great skating speed, but a bit awkward style. Boyd Devereaux hands and brains.
Maybe a 4th or 5th rounder for this kid, but that's it. He needs to learn how to do other hockey stuff.

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
Hope we grab at least one of Foudy-Niederbach-Robins with #45 or #54, since we need RH shots, preferably at C..if Gunler falls to #45 (probably not likely) we should take a swing at him

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
I like LHD Jeremie Poirer.

High end offensive skills. Needs to round out his play on the defensive side, but no real LHD in the system like him outside of Cholowski and who knows where he's gonna end up. Low end starter or bounced out the league here in 1-2 more season... Poirer is the type of prospect that you can look to run your PP in the future. An provides insurance now against Cholowski.

Idk, Poirer can finish the year in Juniors, make the jump next year to the AHL against men, 2 years he can get a legit look at the league imo. Not saying he'll be a two year jump but his "path" towards the league is trending this way. Bigger kid, very good skater, passer, can carry the puck. Idk, just needs to round out his defensive game in his own end. That can be worked on.
i wouldn't mind poirer. saint johns didn't have the best coaching or system play this last season so it seems like he has no structure in his game whatsoever. he played much better internationally because the coaching was better. i would take him at 45 if he was still available which is possible.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Too close to Jan Mursak, and we know that Jan Mursak was a bust. Therefore, Jan Mysak is a bust.

Logic!!!
Damn, i don´t know what to say, dont be mad after Mysak ends up as 60 point 2 way center. EDIT: Dont look at Peterka´s stats from czech junior league, because that league is absolute garbage. I know it because i am from CZ.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
William Wallinder is my #1 want right now.

Watching the playoffs this year, I watched Seth Jones and Victor Hedman dominate and convinced myself I love big defenceman that are smooth skaters.

Of course, just because they are big and can skate does not mean they will be anywhere near the same stratosphere as Jones/Hedman... but I can dream

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
William Wallinder is my #1 want right now.

Watching the playoffs this year, I watched Seth Jones and Victor Hedman dominate and convinced myself I love big defenceman that are smooth skaters.

Of course, just because they are big and can skate does not mean they will be anywhere near the same stratosphere as Jones/Hedman... but I can dream
And you shall have him :)

Reactions: mantha39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad