WHO should the L.A. Kings hire as their next head coach, if Todd McLellan is dismissed before the end of the season?

WHO should the L.A. Kings hire as their next head coach, if Todd McLellan is dismissed ?

• Total voters

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Needs to be about the best coach for the players 26 and under because it needs to become their team.
Agreed. Not sure who might be the current Terry Muuray clone out there but I'd be all for that guy.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Isn't it funny that Terry Murray got fired but the Kings were playing structured hockey however they were too rigid. Now the Kings are playing the most unstructured hockey I've ever seen yet Todd is still employed. Fascinating stuff.

If Todd goes I hope they shut down access to the golden gate bridge because we will for sure lose a poster or two on here. Lol.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Isn't it funny that Terry Murray got fired but the Kings were playing structured hockey however they were too rigid. Now the Kings are playing the most unstructured hockey I've ever seen yet Todd is still employed. Fascinating stuff.
Don't act like you know who Terry Murray is, we all know you weren't a KIngs fan in 2011.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Don't act like you know who Terry Murray is, we all know you weren't a KIngs fan in 2011.

Axl, that's not true and you know it....

Sol was screaming to the ends of the earth in 2011 how Quick was a shit goaltender and would never win anything etc.....

Why do you think his player evaluations are so f***ed........

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Axl, that's not true and you know it....

Sol was screaming to the ends of the earth in 2011 how Quick was a shit goaltender and would never win anything etc.....

Why do you think his player evaluations are so f***ed........
1000% accurate.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If were gonna dig up posters past comments can we dig up a recent post you made? You said something like youll die with Tmac.
So if he gets fired you are going to leave here?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Trotz:

"I don't know yet," the 60-year-old said on the latest episode of "The Chirp with Daren Millard" podcast. "I'm deciding. There's a couple teams that reached out and I said I'm not there yet. I'm probably going to take the rest of the year off and see where I am. It's still a part of me, but I'm going to continue to stay true to myself and my family right now."

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Yes, I will kill myself.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Sol

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

If Todd goes I hope they shut down access to the golden gate bridge because we will for sure lose a poster or two on here. Lol.

So, you didn't like Terry Murray, you didn't like Sutter, and you don't like TMac. Is there any recent Kings head coach you did like? WD40? Andy Murray?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
So, you didn't like Terry Murray, you didn't like Sutter, and you don't like TMac. Is there any recent Kings head coach you did like? WD40? Andy Murray?
Lol what ? If anything Terry Murray gets all the credit for how the Kings became a defensive powerhouse.I don’t think he knew how to get them balanced a bit more on offense which sutter did, but I don’t think you win the cup with Sutter coming in to a team that wasn’t coached previously by Terry Murray. To put it in perspective, the last person I’ve individually really liked on the Kings have been Palffy, Deadmarsh, and Demitra. I don’t like anyone individually I care about the team as a whole.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Coaches and GMs are hired to be fired, I wouldn't take "coach isn't a fit anymore" as an indictment of character

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Lol what ? If anything Terry Murray gets all the credit for how the Kings became a defensive powerhouse.I don’t think he knew how to get them balanced a bit more on offense which sutter did, but I don’t think you win the cup with Sutter coming in to a team that wasn’t coached previously by Terry Murray. To put it in perspective, the last person I’ve individually really liked on the Kings have been Palffy, Deadmarsh, and Demitra. I don’t like anyone individually I care about the team as a whole.

You're gonna list 2/3rds of the LAPD line, but leave off Allison?

Coaches and GMs are hired to be fired, I wouldn't take "coach isn't a fit anymore" as an indictment of character

I think that's fair, I've just had too many arguments with Sol because he believes that Sutter is a terrible coach(or maybe he changed his mind about that recently).

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
LOL, why wouldn't he??

Jesus Christ people, 15-12-5.
You’re right for once. Of course he gets hired. He got hired while being one of the rare coaches in NHL history to get reverse swept. Of course there are going to be GMs dumb enough to hire him.

You're gonna list 2/3rds of the LAPD line, but leave off Allison?

I think that's fair, I've just had too many arguments with Sol because he believes that Sutter is a terrible coach(or maybe he changed his mind about that recently).
I don’t think he’s a terrible coach, I think he’s overrated and is a short shelf life coach. But I don’t think he’s actually terrible. I would never want him back. I don’t know how good he is tactically as a coach but I think he can get a team very engaged purely because of his persona. The only coach I’ve ever liked was Torchetti of course.

He’s kinda like Tortorella.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad