Prospect Info: Who should the Jets draft - social isolation edition

Which prospect should the Jets pick in the 1st round, if all are available?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
He's just a black hole defensively. And not the I don't care type like Merkley was. He's the I try but have absolutely no idea where to be, how to get in passing lanes, how to use my stick efficiently or how to use my body in any physical way type. He also is a very one man show type of offensive player and just tries to do way to much on his own. I would hate it if we used a 1st round pick on him.
He puts himself into weird positions on the ice. Lacks hockey iq big time.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I voted other. Jets will pick #2 overall and select Byfield. :naughty:
7E319422-4C89-41FF-9233-9D69D0C7A66F.jpeg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So, it seems like the leading candidate is Connor Zary. He certainly has been productive, though I wonder if some of that is driven by playing on a very productive line.

A big question is whether he'll be able to translate into a 2C at the NHL level. If so, he probably deserves being ahead of players like Jarvis, Mercer, Holloway, etc. But if he told out as a winger in the NHL, it seems to me like there might be other options with higher ceilings.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for Sanderson and Guhle. Sanderson is a really solid defensive D who is an outstanding skater, and Guhle could be a really big physical D with some offense.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So, it seems like the leading candidate is Connor Zary. He certainly has been productive, though I wonder if some of that is driven by playing on a very productive line.

A big question is whether he'll be able to translate into a 2C at the NHL level. If so, he probably deserves being ahead of players like Jarvis, Mercer, Holloway, etc. But if he told out as a winger in the NHL, it seems to me like there might be other options with higher ceilings.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for Sanderson and Guhle. Sanderson is a really solid defensive D who is an outstanding skater, and Guhle could be a really big physical D with some offense.

I think the biggest concern with Zary is his skating mechanics. Which can be alleviated. He was a two way beast at the U18s, where he kept up or was better than players like Krebs, Cozens, Newhook, Rees, Tracey and Holloway. He has been a solid two way C in Kamloops and at the top prospects game where he was arguably the best player on the ice.

After going back and watching two of the games I bought on Nuelion I'm really struggling to see where he gives the puck up a lot considering he pretty much led the attack and was the first back checker back in every one of his shifts.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the biggest concern with Zary is his skating mechanics. Which can be alleviated. He was a two way beast at the U18s, where he kept up or was better than players like Krebs, Cozens, Newhook, Rees, Tracey and Holloway. He has been a solid two way C in Kamloops and at the top prospects game where he was arguably the best player on the ice.

After going back and watching two of the games I bought on Nuelion I'm really struggling to see where he gives the puck up a lot considering he pretty much led the attack and was the first back checker back in every one of his shifts.
I think he’s a good two way player so not sure either.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I didn’t see Lundell on the list before I voted but I had him in the top 10, he’s not going to be there when we pick.

I went with Lundell because he is on the list. I don't expect him to be there for us either.

I vote for a lottery win and Byfield.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am not sure yet but I am gathering information.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Went with Lundell. I blame Mort for that pick. :naughty:

If he’s available when the Jets pick, for me, he has the capability to develop into a solid #2 C. Will be very solid defensively and may develop into a perennial 60+ point player.

He’s bigger than Zary, which I like as well. He has been playing for his national junior teams for awhile. I think if he played in CHL, he would putting up monster points too. :thumbu:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kaden Guhle. Guy is a beast. Going to be a top 2 in this league for a lot of years.
I like the sounds of that. The Jets have a young and talented group of forwards. I'm thinking Morrissey might be a top end LD on the second pair, but I'm not sure he can function as a top pair D long term on a top team. I wonder if Samberg could slide over to RD in the NHL at some point. Not many top 4 D playing their off side.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Kaden Guhle. Guy is a beast. Going to be a top 2 in this league for a lot of years.
Drafting a PA Dman has worked before! Do you see him as a poor mans Manson?
I like his D game, I want to see his offense pick up next year as well as seeing an improvement in moving the puck. But I would be happy with him or Sanderson as our pick if we go D!

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He is a bit like Aaron Ekblad

A big mobile D man with great skating skill. A big hard shot and offensive upside to him. I would guess if they season went along and the playoffs were going he would shoot up into the top 10 for sure. Teams would have watched a guy that is extremely hard to play against and put up offense.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Drafting a PA Dman has worked before! Do you see him as a poor mans Manson?
I like his D game, I want to see his offense pick up next year as well as seeing an improvement in moving the puck. But I would be happy with him or Sanderson as our pick if we go D!

He is a bit like Aaron Ekblad

A big mobile D man with great skating skill. A big hard shot and offensive upside to him. I would guess if they season went along and the playoffs were going he would shoot up into the top 10 for sure. Teams would have watched a guy that is extremely hard to play against and put up offense.

40 points in 64 games as a big D man is not void of offense by any means. Was he on the #1 PP unit all season?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
If we aren't able to trade for a suitable 2C, I'd like to see us potentially draft someone for it.

Chevy has had so many kicks at the can to do it, not sure why he hasn't been able to come up with a long term solution.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If we aren't able to trade for a suitable 2C, I'd like to see us potentially draft someone for it.

Chevy has had so many kicks at the can to do it, not sure why he hasn't been able to come up with a long term solution.
I’m sure it’s not easy and none of us would do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad