Prospect Info: Who should the Jets draft - social isolation edition

Which prospect should the Jets pick in the 1st round, if all are available?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So, while we are all isolating socially and pining for the return of hockey, I've decided to engage a bit more in draft discussions. It would appear that the Jets are likely to draft in the #12-15 spot in the first round, so we can start to speculate about who they might select. Daximus and others always provide a lot of good insight, but I thought we could perhaps get more specific about our views about players who might be available in the Jets' 1st round spot. To make things a bit more specific, I've included a poll that has a list of players that have been rated around the #9-20 spot (based on Mckenzie's list, augmented by a few players that seem to be rising or have caught the attention of some posters on our Boards.

So, vote away, and then let's discuss.

Reactions: ps241

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Went with Lundell, would love to get another late first and take Nybeck as well.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I like Jarvis's combination of skill and speed at that position.

I really like LaPierre but his conclusion history is a big time risk. Maybe he falls to the second round.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Jereme Poirier or Braden Schneider, both D in a position of need for the Jets going forward

Poirier is on my do not draft list. I'd be really upset if the Jets take him anywhere but maybe the 6th or 7th round in this draft.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
I took LaPierre. I know he's a risk but he's such a great talent I'd be willing to take a risk, especially if we're more to the 15th OA spot. Also, great name!!!

Reactions: surixon

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Not knowing a damn thing about any of these players, I just went with the guy who has a similar name. :nod:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If we’re talking dark horse then Jack Quinn for me. Quite possibly one of the best scorers in the draft when it’s all said and done. No one is talking about this sleeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This is where it gets hard for me because if I go with BPA then it's Jarvis on my list.
I don't know nearly as much about prospects as you, but I was already intrigued by Jarvis and his potentially transformative skillset, and your endorsement offers more weight.

I don't see a franchise-altering C or D being available in the #12-15 slot, so I think you go with pure talent and upside. Mercer is another player that intrigues me, but Jarvis' sublime skating and all-around game puts him on top.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If we’re talking dark horse than Jack Quinn for me. Quite possibly one of the best scorers in the draft when it’s all said and done. No one is talking about this sleeper.
He's an interesting one, for sure. Pure scoring talent, maybe like DeBrincat. I prefer Jarvis because I think he has the offense, and also will tilt the ice with his all-around skill and speed.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
What does everyone think of Mercer? He’s one guy I’m not too sure what to make of. Solid prospect but not sure how big of a ceiling.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I didn’t see Lundell on the list before I voted but I had him in the top 10, he’s not going to be there when we pick.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
He's an interesting one, for sure. Pure scoring talent, maybe like DeBrincat. I prefer Jarvis because I think he has the offense, and also will tilt the ice with his all-around skill and speed.
Jarvis is a good player, I don’t mind Zary or Holloway either. All these players outside of 9-10 have some sort of knock on them, it’s a matter of picking the right one.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Why the disdain for Poirier Dax ?

He's just a black hole defensively. And not the I don't care type like Merkley was. He's the I try but have absolutely no idea where to be, how to get in passing lanes, how to use my stick efficiently or how to use my body in any physical way type. He also is a very one man show type of offensive player and just tries to do way to much on his own. I would hate it if we used a 1st round pick on him.

Reactions: bustamente
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad