Who should Conor McGregor fight next?

Who would you like to see Conor fight next?

• Total voters

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Rogan and Schaub were talking about Conor-Cowboy and they said the sticking point was that the UFC wanted it to be a co-main event because they want all PPV main events to be title fights. I don't know what that means for Conor.

Cowboy-Al would be a great fight. A little bit of a let down, though. Really wanted to see Cowboy-Conor.

Seems odd considering Conor will bring in more PPVs than any title fight.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Rogan and Schaub were talking about Conor-Cowboy and they said the sticking point was that the UFC wanted it to be a co-main event because they want all PPV main events to be title fights. I don't know what that means for Conor.

Cowboy-Al would be a great fight. A little bit of a let down, though. Really wanted to see Cowboy-Conor.
UFC has a lot of balls for trying to make Conor a co-main.

Interesting turn around from the money fight era.

Conor is the highest drawing paper view draw. It's ok, it's facts. If he fought on the main and there was say... rose vs Andrade then what's the issue?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't believe that from Rogan/Schaub at all, it makes no sense. Besides, there were reports of it being for the interim belt if it happened so it doesn't really add up.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
UFC has a lot of balls for trying to make Conor a co-main.

Interesting turn around from the money fight era.

Conor is the highest drawing paper view draw. It's ok, it's facts. If he fought on the main and there was say... rose vs Andrade then what's the issue?
I'd respect them for it if they weren't also trying to make Brock-DC for the title.

To the bolded, I don't see one. I mean, that exact situation is the 3rd highest PPV ever. Conor-Nate was the main event and Holly-Tate fighting for the belt was the co-main.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I'd respect them for it if they weren't also trying to make Brock-DC for the title.

To the bolded, I don't see one. I mean, that exact situation is the 3rd highest PPV ever. Conor-Nate was the main event and Holly-Tate fighting for the belt was the co-main.
Good point on the DC-Brock. Though it seems like Dana is being completely open with the fact he's doing that for DC for everything he's done.

Good point! Totally didn't cross my mind it was done already. Yes, that was fine with everyone, I don't get why we can't have that again. Was that controversial at the time??

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Good point on the DC-Brock. Though it seems like Dana is being completely open with the fact he's doing that for DC for everything he's done.

Good point! Totally didn't cross my mind it was done already. Yes, that was fine with everyone, I don't get why we can't have that again. Was that controversial at the time??

Not controversial.

Main difference though is that the initial main event was for a title in RDA/Conor until Nate filled in on two weeks notice.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Lorenzo Fertitta was still in charge when UFC 196 took place. Endeavour (WME) wants title fights every PPV.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

I believe Dana when he says he wants to give that fight to DC, but I also believe that he'd want to give it to Stipe, Francis, Cain, Jones, etc. if they were the champ, too. He's doing it because he knows the UFC will make a shit ton of money off it, too.

Not controversial.

Main difference though is that the initial main event was for a title in RDA/Conor until Nate filled in on two weeks notice.
True, but Conor-Nate 2 was also the main event. There weren't any title fights on the card, but still, they scheduled a non title fight as the main event and it was the 2nd biggest PPV ever.

It's just very strange to me the way the UFC is deciding to make fights based on money and then when they make them based on merit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad