Who should Conor McGregor fight next?

Who would you like to see Conor fight next?

• Total voters
Oct 15, 2008
He should retire because he is no longer relevant. He had his money and his health and a good enough legacy to still have a gaggle of fan boys wantng to sniff his jock.

bigjumper

Dec 18, 2018
He should stop doing cocaine first but I'd like to see him fight Tony.

But I probably want to see Tony vs Khabib first

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Poirier is fighting Holloway for the interim 155 title.

GSP retired.

Cowboy vs. Conor would be the fight to make.

Hell no to the Nate trilogy. That is the last fight I want to see Conor involved in haha

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
lol didn't he call out Tenshin Nasukawa? The same dude PBF destroyed?

until he works on his ground game and defence, he doesn't deserve a shot at the big boys anymore based on name alone

when put up against stiff competition, connor is like a small man version of kimbo slice

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
lol didn't he call out Tenshin Nasukawa? The same dude PBF destroyed?

until he works on his ground game and defence, he doesn't deserve a shot at the big boys anymore based on name alone

when put up against stiff competition, connor is like a small man version of kimbo slice
Conor has called out, talked shit about, or accepted a fight with everybody under the sun since he lost to Khabib.

The rest of your post is just silly. He got dominated by Khabib. No one disputes that, but not only is Khabib the worst stylist matchup for Conor, but he might just be that damn good. He's undefeated and has dominated everyone he's faced. Conor was the only one to win a round against him in the UFC. Saying he doesn't deserve to fight the other top guys in the division is just laughable.

Reactions: m9

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Conor has called out, talked **** about, or accepted a fight with everybody under the sun since he lost to Khabib.

The rest of your post is just silly. He got dominated by Khabib. No one disputes that, but not only is Khabib the worst stylist matchup for Conor, but he might just be that damn good. He's undefeated and has dominated everyone he's faced. Conor was the only one to win a round against him in the UFC. Saying he doesn't deserve to fight the other top guys in the division is just laughable.

anyone with a ground game that can take a shot can beat connor; yes styles make fights just like in boxing, but if he can't defend off the ground once someone with decent bjj is gnp'ing him, he should go into boxing and work on his conditioning for 10 rounds because pbf just waited him out to gas and that so called power in his hands wasn't there against floyd

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
anyone with a ground game that can take a shot can beat connor; yes styles make fights just like in boxing, but if he can't defend off the ground once someone with decent bjj is gnp'ing him, he should go into boxing and work on his conditioning for 10 rounds because pbf just waited him out to gas and that so called power in his hands wasn't there against floyd
Having a weakness doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to fight the top guys.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
when you get owned by guys as soon as your back hits the mat, that's a one-trick pony a la kimbo, derrick lewis, cub swanson and yeah, it's basically only name recognition at that point

You mean like when he was on his back against Mendes, got up, and knocked him out?

The only guy that owned him was Khabib. Khabib has owned everybody he's faced. Khabib is really f***ing good.

And you're the only that brought up whether he 'deserves' to fight the top guys, so...

Last edited:

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
You mean like when he was on his back against Mendes, got up, and knocked him out?

The only guy that owned him was Khabib. Khabib has owned everybody he's faced. Khabib is really ****ing good.

And you're the only that brought up whether he 'deserves' to fight the top guys, so...

lol mendes has a glass jaw everyone in the ufc knows it getting up and knocking him out isn't a great feat

nate owned and choked him out in 196 and barely lost in 202

no one is going to beat khabib except for gsp and it's too bad that's never going to happen now

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
lol mendes has a glass jaw everyone in the ufc knows it getting up and knocking him out isn't a great feat

no one is going to beat khabib except for gsp and it's too bad that's never going to happen now
Keep movin' those goal posts, bud.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Cowboy is the most logical still. He’s winning, extremely popular, and extremely beatable for McGregor, this is coming from a Cowboy fan who dislikes Conor. I think the hold up here is that Conor is in the middle of finding a new gym. Imo, that bodes bad for his future.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Cowboy is the most logical still. He’s winning, extremely popular, and extremely beatable for McGregor, this is coming from a Cowboy fan who dislikes Conor. I think the hold up here is that Conor is in the middle of finding a new gym. Imo, that bodes bad for his future.
I think so, too, but I think something is going on.

First, Tony turns down the interim fight with Max. I know he probably feels interim belts are bullshit (they are) and he deserves a shot at the real belt (he does), but he has to know that he's getting skipped over by whoever wins the interim belt. So, right or wrong, he's going to have to win a fight to get a shot at the real belt.

Dana said at UFC 235 that they are looking at other fights for Cowboy when asked about Cowboy-Conor.

I'm starting to think we are going to see Tony-Conor.

Reactions: I am not exposed

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think so, too, but I think something is going on.

First, Tony turns down the interim fight with Max. I know he probably feels interim belts are bull**** (they are) and he deserves a shot at the real belt (he does), but he has to know that he's getting skipped over by whoever wins the interim belt. So, right or wrong, he's going to have to win a fight to get a shot at the real belt.

Dana said at UFC 235 that they are looking at other fights for Cowboy when asked about Cowboy-Conor.

I'm starting to think we are going to see Tony-Conor.

I agree with all this, and it does seem like Conor/Ferguson makes sense. I think Conor/Nate may be back to being an option, too.

The only other guy who is in the mix is Iaquinta, but I have a feeling Iaquinta v Cerrone is going to be targeted as an ESPN main event.

Reactions: td_ice

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I realize he can be picky and basically make his own fights, but he just needs to get into the octagon and fight.

Ferguson would be my first choice, then Holloway and Poirier/Diaz in that order.

Agree with all of this. Honestly i think they’d be throwing him a bone by giving him a fight with Tony at this point. I don’t think he deserves to jump up the food chain that quickly.

RonFournier

Dec 17, 2006
GSP just to watch him fight one more time :)

Realistically though, Holloway vs Conor has great potential. Come to think of it, Nate Diaz vs Holloway would be INSANE also.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I agree with all this, and it does seem like Conor/Ferguson makes sense. I think Conor/Nate may be back to being an option, too.

The only other guy who is in the mix is Iaquinta, but I have a feeling Iaquinta v Cerrone is going to be targeted as an ESPN main event.
Rogan and Schaub were talking about Conor-Cowboy and they said the sticking point was that the UFC wanted it to be a co-main event because they want all PPV main events to be title fights. I don't know what that means for Conor.

Cowboy-Al would be a great fight. A little bit of a let down, though. Really wanted to see Cowboy-Conor.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Khabib moves up to fight the winner of Usman/Covington. When he wins, he fights challenger GSP coming out of retirement as his first WW title defense. Conor can face Holloway either at 45 or, if Holloway wins the interim vs. Poirier, at 55. When he wins, he faces Khabib at 55 for that title again.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
McGregor needs to ride off into the sunset. 2019 Conor isn't beating anyone on that list. He's cashed in already

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Nate owned him in the first fight? He absolutely didn’t, Connor was dominating but got gassed.

The idea that McGregor is finished is absolutely bizarre, before the Khabib fight he was the owner of 2 belts, he loses one fight to an undefeated fighter and he’s all of a sudden chopped liver?

It’s insane how fickle minded people are in the sports world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->