Speculation: Who should be our Head Coach next season?

Who should be our Head Coach next season? (choose up to 3)

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Rod the Bod, turning himself from villain to hero in Edmonton.

Woodcroft should stay in the AHL to develop our prospects.

Although Boudreau can coach offense.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I would much much much much rather be looking for a new Gm.

Tippet is failing hard as he has in the playoffs so if he went (which he won;t...see our GM) I would not be upset but a good part of good coaching is special teams and he has produced results there.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I wish I knew. I don’t watch enough of the rest of the league these days to really judge coaches. I wouldn’t promote anyone from within even though I like those guys.

I’d take a look at Nelson although I doubt he’s the absolute best option available.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Tippett can be head coach during the regular season and then someone else can coach during the playoffs :nod:

Reactions: ujju2

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Tippet need to get his shit together in the playoffs.

I would only fire him if Gallant or Brind'Amour comes

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Calming down now..... Today's meltdown is not on Tippet.

Edit: I am wrong.... it's partly on him.

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Calming down now..... Today's meltdown is not on Tippet.

Disagree. I'm actually quite calm (one of the few people here I think who doesn't want to blow up the roster). I think this loss is largely on Tippett. There HAD to be a timeout at 4-2 or 4-3. And playing a 1-1-3 at 4-2 and 4-3 was idiotic. At the end of the day, I have a soft spot for Tippett because of how good our young players' development has been under him. But he's simply unable to help any playoff success and we can't stick with it forever. If you want Tippett here again, that's an option in the poll. I doubt it will be a popular one though.

Moses2020

Dec 16, 2020
Maybe I watched too SHL games this year but: Cam Abbott. Would at least be a research approach...
- positive charisma
- clear address
- tactical skill
- knows when he can count on which players
- his players seem to respect him and his opinion
- made it to the finals with the team ;)

Last edited:

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I thinI the real question is does it really matter? How many coaches does it take to try to demonstrate that the flaws in team makeup and construction are incredibly deep. Is it frustrating there was no timeout, maybe? But I’m pretty sure tippet didn’t expect his superstars to go out there and just hand the puck off to the other team in a high danger area seconds into the shift. But probably he needs to go now, the damage is done, sacrifice will need to be made to show the players and fans something.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I thinI the real question is does it really matter? How many coaches does it take to try to demonstrate that the flaws in team makeup and construction are incredibly deep. Is it frustrating there was no timeout, maybe? But I’m pretty sure tippet didn’t expect his superstars to go out there and just hand the puck off to the other team in a high danger area seconds into the shift. But probably he needs to go now, the damage is done, sacrifice will need to be made to show the players and fans something.

Regular season records mean shit to me. I don't care if they finish first in the conference or division or just squeak into the playoffs. But when you're the higher seeded team and the expected favorite two years in a row in the opening round series, playoff performance is where you read the tea leaves. Right now they are 1-6 with a -6 goal differential. Tippett cannot coach playoff hockey.

Reactions: Ragdoll

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Regular season records mean shit to me. I don't care if they finish first in the conference or division or just squeak into the playoffs. But when you're the higher seeded team and the expected favorite two years in a row in the opening round series, playoff performance is where you read the tea leaves. Right now they are 1-6 with a -6 goal differential. Tippett cannot coach playoff hockey.

Someone wrote he has .425 playoff win percentage

Reactions: McFuhryous

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I get it, but I’m simply asking is it the coach or the roster? Now if you are arguing that he should’ve coached the regular season differently to prepare the team for this moment, even if that meant sacrificing individual ice time and accomplishments I think that’s an interesting conversation to be had. The lack of flow in the lineup because of the need to constantly push the 97-29 line out of the gates could be an area to discuss. Maybe we win less games, sacrifice 10 points for McDaniel but the rest of the lineup learns how to do their job? But still this was a regular season team that when scoring first or leading in the third were almost unbeatable this year. So what changed in the past week where that’s not the case?

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I don’t think Rob is going to leave Carolina but if he does, we better be doing our best to sign him. Or Gallant. Either way, Tippet needs to go. His decisions are mind boggling and that becomes even more apparent in the playoffs. This roster has it’s flaws but going 1-6 against Chicago and the Jets is unacceptable when we came in as favourites both times.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00