Who Should Be Captain?

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
I'm not talking about dropping the gloves and fighting. I'm saying they need to stand their ground when guys are trying to put their gloves in their face, or bumping into the goalie after the whistle. Not backing down doesn't mean they should fight. I don't think Drew Doughty,Jarrett Stoll, and Dustin Brown should fight. I do think if some one is pushing you around, you should at least push back. Especially when your on your home ice.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Doughty isn't nominated for Norris but Brown is nominated for this? Bizarro world!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Dumb ****s don't even know what the trophy is actually for. Dustin Brown does a ton for the city of LA. Any Dustin Brown thread on this site is open season for trolls to talk crap about the Kings.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Didn't Brown already win this award in the past or was it some other award for his off-ice contributions? Either way, the guy set the tone with his hit on Couture after the puck drop, he blasted him. And of course he was back to being the old Brown by drawing penalties. That's when he is at his best, not when he's trying to be a finesse player, which led to sooo many turnovers earlier in the series. Moving him onto Kopitar's line suddenly woke him up and he doesn't have to carry the puck as much.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Didn't Brown already win this award in the past or was it some other award for his off-ice contributions? Either way, the guy set the tone with his hit on Couture after the puck drop, he blasted him. And of course he was back to being the old Brown by drawing penalties. That's when he is at his best, not when he's trying to be a finesse player, which led to sooo many turnovers earlier in the series. Moving him onto Kopitar's line suddenly woke him up and he doesn't have to carry the puck as much.

Brown won the NHL Foundation Player Award in 2010-11.

Awarded To said:
NHL player who applies the core values of hockey—commitment, perseverance and teamwork—to enrich the lives of people in his community

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_Foundation_Player_Award

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
Doesn't Messier essentially just pick the players he likes for that award? I'm not going to take a side here, but I don't think Brown being named a finalist is particularly strong evidence that he's a good captain.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
Doesn't Messier essentially just pick the players he likes for that award? I'm not going to take a side here, but I don't think Brown being named a finalist is particularly strong evidence that he's a good captain.

This is correct. The writers dont vote on this award. I would argue though, that Messier has a pretty good eye for the guys he picks.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
... I don't think Brown being named a finalist is particularly strong evidence that he's a good captain.

Right ... because arguably one of the BEST LEADERS and Captains in recent Hockey history, in Messier, as well as Browns teammates, coaches, and management of the Kings, as well as Team USA naming him an Alternate Captain the last two Olympics, etc. etc. and so on ... are all LESS evidence of this, than a couple of hockey internet nerds opinions from a this website. Yeah, you've got a STRONG argument working there. :shakehead HA ! :sarcasm: yeah ;)

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
Right ... because arguably one of the BEST LEADERS and Captains in recent Hockey history, in Messier, as well as Browns teammates, coaches, and management of the Kings, as well as Team USA naming him an Alternate Captain the last two Olympics, etc. etc. and so on ... are all LESS evidence of this, than a couple of hockey internet nerds opinions from a this website. Yeah, you've got a STRONG argument working there. :shakehead HA ! :sarcasm: yeah ;)

Yeah that's not at all what I argued.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I move this thread be closed and anyone who EVER brings up this topic again be perma-banned.

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
Ok, as the OP of this tread I am ready to eat tons and tons of CROW! and also will sport a crow avatar as punishment but only for a month and after we win the cup, anyone want to make one up. Sorry I doughted (see what I did there). for that I am truely sorry. Brown is clearly the Captain of this team. I can admit I made a mistake. GO KING GO!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Ok, as the OP of this tread I am ready to eat tons and tons of CROW! and also will sport a crow avatar as punishment but only for a month and after we win the cup, anyone want to make one up. Sorry I doughted (see what I did there). for that I am truely sorry. Brown is clearly the Captain of this team. I can admit I made a mistake. GO KING GO!

You simply made the mistake countless posters make, this thread pops up every year (literally EVERY YEAR).

You think folks would learn by now, but no. Dustin Brown is wearing the C for a reason.

People need to accept that, and move on.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Puck Daddy had an article on Brown being captain a couple days...The article for the most part was crap but it did sight some good points which were though he's not the most traditional captain type and he doesnt fit the mold so many teams use he is certainly capable and one of the most fitting players on our team to be wearing that "C".

I think hes dnoe a great job since day 1. His heart and soul are in this franchise and thats what you need in your captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad