Paajarvi
Porter
Reaves
Schwartz
Stastny
Steen
Tarasenko

That's 26 left in camp.

Who are the 3 that are left off the roster?

I think all 8 D make the roster. The only one that may not make it is Lindbohm.

If Lindbohm doesn't make it that would leave 2 forwards getting cut. I just don't see how Fabbri makes the final 23. I think Fabbri is better right now than Paajarvi may ever be. Paajarvi is due 1.2mil this year. I think they ride him out.

I think the odd 3 left out though are Fabbri, Jaskin & Porter. I still think though Fabbri gives the team a better chance to win games right now than Jaskin, Porter or Paajarvi.

Thoughts??

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Porter will be sent down almost assuredly. Gunnarsson may very well start on IR.

So that leaves us with Paajarvi, Jaskin, and Fabbri. I think there is a legit chance Fabbri sticks for a 9 game trial while Gunnar is on IR.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Fabbri is light years better than Paarvjo...but I can't see him sticking...Maybe the Blues have a moment of brillances and say **** it, let's keep him. On top of being uber talanted, he sounds like he's mature student of the game...so I think he'd be a sponge.

I have a feeling he could be a Claude Giroux type in a couple years....

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't really understand why people are so interested in seeing Fabbri end up on the roster. He isn't going to play the season in the NHL, so would it not be better to give him a look after his CHL season finishes?

He'll be more developed, we'll hopefully be in a position where we can give him some more meaningful minutes, and a best case scenario he might force his way into consideration for playoff playing time.

On topic: I agree with Fabbri, Jaškin and Porter as the 3 likely to get cut. It sounds like Gunnarsson is close enough to not put him on IR, meaning we'll carry the 8 D for a few games.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Fabbri, Porter and Jaškin will be sent back to Juniors or Chicago. Lindbohm MIGHT be kept, or loaned to his Finnish team when Gunnarsson returns.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Butler cleared waivers but was never sent down. He's still in camp...and I think he sticks as the 7th d-man for now and gets sent to the AHL once Gunnar is ready to join the lineup.

My 23-man roster guess:

Backes
Oshie
Stastny
Steen
Tarasenko
Schwartz
Lehtera
Bergy
Lindstrom
Ott
Lapierre
Reaves
Paajarvi
Porter

Petro
J-Bo
Shatty
Jackman
Leopold
Cole
Butler

Elliott
Allen

I would personally keep Fabbri and Lindbohm over Porter and Butler but I don't see it happening.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
can wait to see who is the 5th and 6th dmen. All of them have played bad and good during the pre-season. Butler and Leopold however kill Cole when it comes to GPs in the show. However, Cole is the golden boy who is given a million chances and seems to always falter. This is all under the assumption that Gunnar will be out for a little

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Barring a trade, I'm guessing Porter is sent down and Paajarvi and Jaskin both start the season with the Blues. Jaskin makes sense as a demotion - he can play a lot of minutes and be the first call-up, but that's my guess. Somehow I missed that Butler was waived last week.

It seems weird to keep Lindbohm unless they're going to keep him all year (which would likely mean a trade or buyout) or they get him to go to the AHL when Gunnarsson is ready. Anything is possible, but it makes it seem more likely that they're going with 6 healthy D and Fabbri is going to get some games.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
the day they put Backes in goal and lose the game with Allen in the press box is the day that Tarasenko realizes he's going to lead the league in scoring and Elliott realizes that he has the vezina in his pocket.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Barring a trade, I'm guessing Porter is sent down and Paajarvi and Jaskin both start the season with the Blues. Jaskin makes sense as a demotion - he can play a lot of minutes and be the first call-up, but that's my guess. Somehow I missed that Butler was waived last week.

It seems weird to keep Lindbohm unless they're going to keep him all year (which would likely mean a trade or buyout) or they get him to go to the AHL when Gunnarsson is ready. Anything is possible, but it makes it seem more likely that they're going with 6 healthy D and Fabbri is going to get some games.

I'm going to have to agree with you. I would send Jaskin down, but I would get a good feel for whether or not he isn't going to jump the pond should he do so. That always needs to be in the back of your head now that the KHL has money.

I would keep Porter and Paajarvi up and let Jaskin play. I see no benefit in keeping Fabbri up at this point. Let him and Lindbohm both go play a lot of games and a lot of hockey. Lindbohm is going to have his first year of not being a "sparingly used young kid earning his stripes" in Finland. Let him go round out his whole game and bring him back when their season ends. I don't see it doing either player any good sitting on the bench.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
can wait to see who is the 5th and 6th dmen. All of them have played bad and good during the pre-season. Butler and Leopold however kill Cole when it comes to GPs in the show. However, Cole is the golden boy who is given a million chances and seems to always falter. This is all under the assumption that Gunnar will be out for a little

I don't know that is necessarily true. I'd argue he's actually never been given enough of an extended look in order to see what he can do. It's very hard to sit in the press box so often and still play well. He's a young player still. Young players need to play a lot to develop.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Butler cleared waivers but was never sent down. He's still in camp...and I think he sticks as the 7th d-man for now and gets sent to the AHL once Gunnar is ready to join the lineup.

My 23-man roster guess:

Backes
Oshie
Stastny
Steen
Tarasenko
Schwartz
Lehtera
Bergy
Lindstrom
Ott
Lapierre
Reaves
Paajarvi
Porter

Petro
J-Bo
Shatty
Jackman
Leopold
Cole
Butler

Elliott
Allen

I would personally keep Fabbri and Lindbohm over Porter and Butler but I don't see it happening.

Jaskin over porter IMO.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

Yeah, either that or Cole has had a constant pressure to perform, being benched for making any mistake while Leopold/Redden/Colaiacovo/Brewer continued to get ice time no matter what

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011

Are you kidding me? All Cole has to do is make one mistake, and he sits for multiple games. How can he get any better if he isn't given opportunities to learn from mistakes?

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
I don't see any reason to keep Jaskin; let him get top-line minutes in the AHL instead of sitting or playing on the fourth line. Fabbri should go back to Guelph with the lessons he learned in the preseason (especially about physicality). I would like to see Paajarvi traded, but I don't see that happening, so Porter will probably also get sent down. Lindbohm will stick around until Gunnarson comes back.

Backes
Berglund
Reaves
Schwartz
Stastny
Steen
Tarasenko
Lapierre
Lehtera
Lindstrom
Oshie
Ott
Paajarvi

Bouwmeester
Cole
Jackman
Leopold
Lindbohm
Pietrangelo
Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson

Elliott
Allen

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Jaskin has a spot on the 3rd line IMO. He proved himself enough last season and his strength should provide solid 3rd line skill.

Who's he going to bump out? He's definitely not ahead of Lindstrom, Lehtera, or Berglund. Even if he deserves a shot, he's a victim of the numbers game at this point.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Who's he going to bump out? He's definitely not ahead of Lindstrom, Lehtera, or Berglund. Even if he deserves a shot, he's a victim of the numbers game at this point.

Very true. You'd have to think Army and Hitch are discussing keeping him on the 4th line.

It'll be interesting to see who gets the first call after an injury. Jaskin, mueller, Fraser?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Very true. You'd have to think Army and Hitch are discussing keeping him on the 4th line.

It'll be interesting to see who gets the first call after an injury. Jaskin, mueller, Fraser?
Depends who is injured. Top 6 should be Mueller or Jaskin, I suspect whoever is scoring more at the AHL level. Mueller would probably be a better pure-skill option if we lost a guy like Schwartz or Tarasenko. Jaskin probably a better guy for the 3rd-line if we lost a Berglund or something.

If Ott or Lapierre gets injured, then maybe Fraser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad