Who is your playoff over achiever?

Who is our playoff over achiever?

• Total voters

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If the boys go on a run, it'll be because Spezza's gone full blown Vintage, trust me. I think he wins us at least 1 game on his own if we take the cup, that guy oozes wanting it.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I dont care for indiviudal achievements - I just want the Leafs to make it past the first round

BUT

I have been saying for a while now - the difference makers in these playoffs will most likely be - Jack Campbell, Nick Foligno, Hyman, Nash, Simmonds, Bogosian, Hutton. Defense will make the biggest difference this time around. We need to compete as if every game is game 7.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
If the boys go on a run, it'll be because Spezza's gone full blown Vintage, trust me. I think he wins us at least 1 game on his own if we take the cup, that guy oozes wanting it.
I definitely subscribe to the fact that the 4th line of Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds will be a lot better than people think. All players that want it bad, with boatloads of experience. All guys that can turn up the temperature when games matter most. I think this is going to be a fun unit to watch in the playoffs

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
My vote was for Sandin. He likely gets Bogosian beside him at some point in this round, freeing him up to skate the puck more, and added confidence to play with the bite that he's shown us in flashes. That and he's getting a go on the top PP unit. He definitely has the chance to be an X factor

Reactions: hockeynorth

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
My vote was for Sandin. He likely gets Bogosian beside him at some point in this round, freeing him up to skate the puck more, and added confidence to play with the bite that he's shown us in flashes. That and he's getting a go on the top PP unit. He definitely has the chance to be an X factor
Seems unlikely that Bogosian will be back and Sandin will be in the lineup unless there are other injuries on the Blueline.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

We look like a different team with Sandin in the lineup...

Reactions: Nylander88

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Seems unlikely that Bogosian will be back and Sandin will be in the lineup unless there are other injuries on the Blueline.
Sandin is practicing on the number one PP and taking line rushes on the third pairing. Bogosian just got medically cleared today and was a full participant in practice. I don't mean this to sound rude, but honest question, have you been following at all recently?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Sandin is practicing on the number one PP and taking line rushes on the third pairing. Bogosian just got medically cleared today and was a full participant in practice. I don't mean this to sound rude, but honest question, have you been following at all recently?

Sandin on the PP has a skillset that no other Leaf defender has, he can get the puck to the net, he can get it through traffic to the net. Not the hardest shot in the world but the hard shot that gets blocked will never be a dangerous as a puck that gets to the net.

I think they had Sandn and Bogo paired together in pratice. Looks like Dermott might be the odd guy out.

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad