Who is your playoff over achiever?

Who is our playoff over achiever?

• Total voters

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Won't be Hyman, he hasn't been overachieving he's just flat out good & I think this playoffs we'll see the best of him.

My pick is Jason Spezza, he's been overachieving all year because of how much this season & team means to him, think we'll see a big playoffs from him.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Why is it that I am in fear of the Zamboni driver making a start against us:(

LOL well because you are the all knowing Lord and savior ... must be a bummer playing Poker with you, you already know what everyone has in their hand....

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Had to say Kerfoot. He elevated his game last playoffs. He potentially a top six player who'll get over-looked by the opposition focusing on the Leaf's top 6. Was surprised to see others pick him as well.

And although it might not all be through scoring, I've got a feeling when Daddy Thornton comes home from work, the kiddies on the other team better be worried because the belt is coming off.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Spezza. Guys is a heart and soul Leaf. Stepped up huge last year in that game when we were down and he dropped the gloves to turn the game around. Did well during the season and could see him being a big contributor from the 4th line these playoffs

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
I voted JT. Granted, he should be expected to play at a very high level, I just think he is going to be clutch for the team.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I chose Mik, but deep down I hope it's Willie who gives the Leafs 110% of his A game shift in and shift out. I really don't want to see any of that half assed effort he's sometimes guilty of.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Spezza was 3rd on the team in P60 this year behind only Matthews and Marner. I can't say I'd be surprised if he plays well as he played well all season. Best value on the team though, is him by far.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I selected Nylander.

We know what we will get from the big 3. We know what we will get from the major support staff (Foligno, Hyman, Mikheyev, Kerfoot). We know what we will get from the aging vets, and no offence to them but they are probably not going to impact if we are winning or losing a series (a game, maybe, but not a series).

If Nylander can be an impact player both offensively and on the defenisve side of the puck that is a HUGE bonus to us. For all those other guys, I think if they equal their season result we'll be fine. I think we need more than what Nylander has brought to date (this season and past seasons). We need someone to bring it, who doesn't always with consistency.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
JT, Spezza, Campbell.

JT will be playing hard at both ends of the ice. He will be our MVP.

Spezza will come up clutch, and will set up and/or score some big goals.

Campbell will rock a sub 2.25 GAA and a .925+ save %.

I like making bold predictions for playoff time.

Go Leafs!!

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
We haven’t had him long but a switch gets turned on in Foligno’s at Playoff time. He’s going to drive opposition nuts but I think the one who will really make a name for himself is Sandin. I am hoping for a World Juniors level performance.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad