Who is your playoff over achiever?

Who is our playoff over achiever?

• Total voters

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Every year we see at least one guy who over achieves.

A few years ago is was Smith-Pelly, he played a big part in the playoffs with 7 goals in 24 games, while scoring 7 goals in 75 regular season games that year.

John Druce for those that remember the late 80's gained fame for scoring 14 goals in 15 playoff games, while only scoring 8 in 45 regular season games.

Who do you think will be the Leafs over achiever in this years playoffs?

Where there are so many options I made the poll so you can pick 3 options.

Reactions: Its not your fault

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I'll say Kerfoot.

Very polarizing player amongst the fanbase but he does have stretchs where he plays very good hockey and can certainly chip in offensively.

Just have a feeling that he'll score a very big goal for us at some point this playoffs.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I’ll go with 1...Ilya Mikheyev...the dude is talented (he plays with stars in international duty for Russia almost exclusively) and you can see glimpses of the top end skill on his part, he’s as fast as they come in the NHL and Inthink he’s due to absolutely blow the doors off against the Habs

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'll go with Kerfoot too. With the expansion draft coming up I think he wants to make a point that he can be a good piece for the Leafs. He was pretty decent against Columbus last year too.

Reactions: banks

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I'll say Kerfoot.

Very polarizing player amongst the fanbase but he does have stretchs where he plays very good hockey and can certainly chip in offensively.

Just have a feeling that he'll score a very big goal for us at some point this playoffs.

Was one of my picks, when he plays his game I think he is very effective, when he try's to play a line drivers game, like a Matthews or Marner, he does too much and typically turns the puck over in bad spots. the last few weeks he's been what I think is a perfect bottom 6 guy.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I’ll go with 1...Ilya Mikheyev...the dude is talented (he plays with stars in international duty for Russia almost exclusively) and you can see glimpses of the top end skill on his part, he’s as fast as they come in the NHL and Inthink he’s due to absolutely blow the doors off against the Habs

Was one of my picks, has any guy on our team had more breakaways or grade A chances and not score? This guy has break out playoffs written all over him. I agree.

Reactions: JayfromNB1219

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Mikeyev..Love watching him play...He produced reasonable points before his injury last year and hopefully he's just snake-bitten and will produce more than expected

Kerfoot.. Works his butt off shift in and shift out...great skater... I think he can chip in with some key goals throughout the playoffs

Dermott.. I'm probably in the minority who believes he's played very well this year and can be a top 4 guy down the road... I think he was asked to play a safe simple game and has done so but I think he has more to give offensively in the future whether it be this year's playoffs or next season.. I also think he wants to prove himself and avoid being lost in the expansion draft.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Mikheyev does literally everything right but score, its playoff time, and time for his slump to end. I love this dudes game, he starts finishing he will be a PROBLEM.

Spezza- The old man clearly has a lot left in the tank performing the way he has this season, think he comes up huge.

Campbell- He took over the reigns and owns the crease, he has played himself into the #1 like he always said he would, i feel he cements his leafs legacy by showing up to the playoffs like no goalie has for us in a very very long time.

tonymono67

Nov 10, 2020
I picked Ilya Mikheyev, he'll play the same but the puck will finally start to go in for him.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think Mikheyev is a good bet as well. He generates a good amount of chances, but can't finish for shit. A guy like that catches lightning in a bottle and he could easily match his season total of six goals.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I’ll pick Spezza. He has been over achieving in the regular season so why not continue in the playoffs. I think he will put in close to a Conn Smythe performance, at least in the first round against MTL. Maybe that’s stretching it, but I think he will be the x-factor.

Reactions: banks and Jmo89

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I went with Dermott, he’s playing his best hockey of the season and looks poised to make a contribution.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Foligno in the top 6 may put up some solid numbers. He's not going to go off and score 15 even if they get to the Finals, but considering during his past appearances he didn't have this level of talent on his regular lines I wouldn't rule out something close to a PPG.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Soup or Zach .. likely both .. 3rd pick was Brodie as I think he is our key guy overall to win 4 rounds .. if we win Cup likely Brodie MVP playing great all 4 rounds

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Voted Spezza, Mikeheyev, and Muzzin. I didn't consider the 11m forwards to be eligible, their contracts lay the expectations just short of the Conn Smythe. Matthews will win that award, but Spezza, Mikheyev, and Muzzin are the other guys I see stepping up in big ways. Muzzin is going to be the guy shutting down McDavid and Mackinnon, while Spezza will be chipping in timely scoring. Mikehyev is probably the poster child for having zero expectations and then going wild a-la Smith-Pelley or Kiviranta.

Shout out to Hyman, who's baseline is so rapidly moving upwards that it's hard to call anything from him "overachieving" any more.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I'll say Kerfoot.

Same here. I'm not a big fan of Kerfoot but I can definitely see him overachieving for a series or two.

I think Rielly will have a good playoffs as well before continuing his regression next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->