Who is your favourite prospect?(besides MCD, nurse, and Draisaitl)

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Kharia, I think he can turn into a really strong 4th line PK guy.

And from the new crop Ethan Bear, mostly because I used to play with a bunch of guys from Ochapawace, including a bunch of his cousins and I think his older brother as well

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Who is your favorite Beatle besides John, Paul, and George?

Yoko
hkn_oilers_eakins_2013610_27276563.jpg

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I'd have to say that with a new management team and a new direction that I'm cheering for pretty much any prospect to turn out.. different outlook for the time being. At this point I'm just hoping for any callup to not look lost. That being said I quietly have high hopes for Slepyshev, Platzer, Jones and Bear.. maybe it was a new optimism that wasn't the same one that old management fed me but anyone from this last year I'm pulling for too. Tough to hear an interview with a guy like Ethan Bear and not be rooting for him wholeheartedly.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Greg Chase. this is the guy the Oilers should have taken earlier in the 2013 draft, before long shots Aiden Muir and Evan Campbell. Chase could be the best package of size, toughness and natural scoring ability. can't wait to see what he can (hopefully) do in the AHL this coming season.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Greg Chase. this is the guy the Oilers should have taken earlier in the 2013 draft, before long shots Aiden Muir and Evan Campbell. Chase could be the best package of size, toughness and natural scoring ability. can't wait to see what he can (hopefully) do in the AHL this coming season.

Why?

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

^quite frankly, and i believe some media picked up on this pre-draft, Chase was a good, all round package of size, toughness and scoring, although his numbers didn't show it at the time he was drafted, that the Oilers needed in their system at the time.

and i see Muir and Campbell as long shots from fringe leagues who'll be lucky if they ever play an NHL game, and if they do, i'll be you Chase has a more productive NHL career. and i have always thought that Muir and Campbell were classic Oiler/Stu long shot picks that were taken too early in the draft. i'd also bet the both of Muir/Campbell would have been available lower in the draft, but if they weren't, who cares? like the now long gone bad long shot pick of Liam Coughlin, if these two found themselves traded one day soon, i wouldn't care!

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
^quite frankly, and i believe some media picked up on this pre-draft, Chase was a good, all round package of size, toughness and scoring, although his numbers didn't show it at the time he was drafted, that the Oilers needed in their system at the time.

and i see Muir and Campbell as long shots from fringe leagues who'll be lucky if they ever play an NHL game, and if they do, i'll be you Chase has a more productive NHL career. and i have always thought that Muir and Campbell were classic Oiler/Stu long shot picks that were taken too early in the draft. i'd also bet the both of Muir/Campbell would have been available lower in the draft, but if they weren't, who cares? like the now long gone bad long shot pick of Liam Coughlin, if these two found themselves traded one day soon, i wouldn't care!

well we drafted Chase anyways and Stud Coughlin got us Nilsson, i'd say it all worked out great :)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I heard hes suppose to be very Lucic like but lacks the offense. Havent seen much of his games can you comment?

I dont think he is anything like Lucic.. He reminds me of shutdown version of Smyth the way plays down low and around the net. Defensively solid and the offense should pick up for him as he fills into his frame. (or atleast that is the hope).

3rd liner who will get abused like Smytty in front of the opposing net but will pot in some garbage goals around the blue paint.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
In a vacuum, I'd have to say Slepyshev. But given team needs, Yakimov. I love my Russian players :D

6 God

Jul 12, 2013
I heard hes suppose to be very Lucic like but lacks the offense. Havent seen much of his games can you comment?
Well he'll drop them with pretty much anyone. He's got a great work ethic too, his junior coaches had nothing but praise for him. Great character player with leadership qualities as well.

Scoring never really came to him at the pro level, so that's his biggest knock. More time in the AHL might help turn that around though, here's his elite prospects profile:

"A power forward with a powerful stride, Khaira is tough to separate from the puck. He has the ability to find teammates and turn any play in to a scoring chance. Khaira plays with a mental and physical maturity that is beyond his years."

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
up front I like Chase. At best I can see him turning into what Brendan Gallagher is now. (Not what Gallagher has the potential to be.) Around a 20/20 player who provides some sandpaper and isn't allergic to the front of the net. Even if he doesn't hit his upside I still think of perhaps a more skilled Andrew Shaw.

On D I grew to be a big fan of Dillon Simpson last season. Like a lot of NCAA D men he came into the pro game extremely composed and relaxed, he very rarely showed any erratic signs to his game and was very responsible and seemed to be a good leader at No Dak. stay at home D man who Wont put up much offensive totals should he make the NHL, and while he's not overly physical he's not what I would consider "soft" as he is a battler and wins a lot of puck battles. I would like to see him draw out a long career and follow a similar path as a guy like Rob Scuderi.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Khaira reminds me of David Backes. He plays hard, is physical and works his ass off every shift. He is a leader and a coaches favourite wherever he goes. I don't think he'll ever have the offence that Backes has but he does all the same little things that win hockey games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad