Who is your favourite prospect?(besides MCD, nurse, and Draisaitl)

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Yakimov for me, posted on here saying we should grab him before his draft and when we did I was thrilled, guy had a really strong camp last year and a decent rookie year, if he can turn into a number 3c in the NHL it would be awesome guy is massive

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Probably Yakimov. Really curious to see what he can do. Chase is another one that could turn out to be just a real solid 3rd line guy who can agitate the crap out of the opponents.

On D I'm very interested to see where Caleb Jones' career goes from here. I think he could be a gem. Paigin is obviously intruiging too.

Hard to narrow it down to just one guy but right now it has to be Yakimov I think.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
for the first time in many many many years i'm actually excited about a lot of prospects that are not from the 1st round...

hard to pick a few but i think these guys could be nice impact players for us if they make it

Yakimov/Platzer/Chase

Betker/Laleggia

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
It's exciting to think about, since we have great odds that 1 or 2 of these guys will become pretty significant contributors.

Chase/Platzer/Yakimov/Slepychev/Khaira

Bear/Jones/Simpson

Hard to pick. Like Yakimov and Chase though based on limited viewings.

*I guess Reinhart is kind of in this group as well, although he's a bit farther along than most of these guys.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Have said it before but Yakimov would be ridiculously valuable in a Handzus role for us.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If I can only pick one, Yakimov.

After watching tonight, Laleggia looked like he has NHL upside. Also quite impressed with Caleb Jones, the kid handles the puck with confidence, has good wheels, and certainly looked bigger than he was listed by the scouting services.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I'll go with Yakimov, big hopes

Broissoit, b/c he's an Oilking

and Chase, just because I saw him in playoff game in Victoria. He was a stand out.

Throw in Caleb Jones, just because he would be a sweet diamond in the rough. He comes from good stock, you never know.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
That would be wonderful. You should hear the Toronto local radio stations that believe the Reinhart deal was a disaster for Edmonton.

They have to spin it that way because they don't want the fans to think that their organization has been the very definition of counterproductive over the past decade.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Reinhart, has tremendous upside despite what some posters would have you believe.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Reinhart, has tremendous upside despite what some posters would have you believe.

I would put Reinhart with that group at the top, as rated a bit less than Nurse, and I think most here assumed that (I hope). This thread is more interesting if we're talking about guys like Yakimov.

Of that group, I have to say Yakimov. It's close between him and Broissoit though, and I'm digging LaLeggia more and more too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad