Who is your favourite prospect?(besides MCD, nurse, and Draisaitl)

Jun 9, 2011
hmm.. maybe our scouting group wasn't so bad after all.

Tough to pick from our group. Maybe a few of these kids go to OKC and get that prize next year, bring those winning ways up with them.

I love the Caleb Jones pick. Gotta really hope his brother is a burgeoning scout :sarcasm:

This year we might see Laurent B and Yakimov up with the big club for injury replacement.

Griffin Reinhart is going to be fun to watch with the big club.

How did we get so many gems?

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I really dig Paigin, Betker and Reinhart. If those three can become NHL regulars we will have one beefy blueline.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
Liam coughlin :sarcasm:
Goalie Laurent brossoit
It'll be interesting to see what happened with all these decent prospects we have of late. Feels weird.
Defence: reinharts a darkhorse here no sure if what to think yet.. So laleggia.hope he makes it
Foward:yakimov

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
If we're looking at the new shiny toys, then I'm very high on Paigin. Size, skill, fire; all in one package. If he keeps trending well we've got ourselves a beast of a defenseman. Jones is also another prospect I'm keeping an eye on.

As for the other prospects: Yakimov, Brossoit and Chase. Possibly Betker.

Last edited:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Really like Yakimov and Chase.

I Want Chase to turn into a David Bolland type grinder, but also be a Flames killer. Especially considering how they were actively trying to ruin him to spite the Oilers.

:/

Last edited:

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Easily Reinhart for me. When they announced the trade with NYI I was begging for Reinhart.

A lot of people are knocking him. I don't know what to say because he got buried in NYI behind some good NHL dman. My friend who works for the Habs said it was a good trade for us and we will like him. You have to think he will be pretty pumped to be playing in his home town again. There was someone on here posting they saw Reinhart out one night and the guy is massive. I guess we have hope.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I will reserve comment on this year's crop until I've seen them at the rookie tournament.

These are the guys that I am really pulling for and I think have a shot at the NHL level.

Forwards:
Bogdan Yakimov-Big guy with a very good shot, needs more seasoning but he's a promising player.

Mitch Moroz-Rough rookie season, hopefully he puts in a lot of work this offseason to get back on track as a prospect.

Defense:
Joey LaLeggia-I've had high hopes for him since first seeing him play in the NCAA, my only question then was the same one that I have now, can he handle pro sized forwards with pro strength?

Ben Betker-Had a disappointing showing at Penticton last season after really finding a way onto my radar the previous camp. A decent skater for a big man, I've always hoped that he could be an Andy Sutton type of D for us.

Griffin Reinhart-He had a phenomenal top prospects game in his draft season, I really think that he will be great for us in time.

Goalie:
Laurent Brossoit-The only goalie in the system that looks to be a legit NHL prospect IMO.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i still think Kyle Platzer is going to play in the nhl and score goals. everytime i see that kid shoot i see a NHL caliber shot. his shot reminds me of mark stone form ottawa. not the strongest skater but finds space and has an elite release. if he can end a complimentary winger with Drai, Mcd or nuge dishing he could snipe 25 imo.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Laurent Brossoit. His one NHL game where his team fed him to the Sharks made me a believer. Kid can play.

Chase and Joey Legs are also guys I'm rooting for big time.

dudeoverhere

Feb 23, 2012
Bear with the big howitzer, i'll be checking out his one-timers for sure this year..good prospect for Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad