Who is this "Parise" dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
If you want to picture Zach Parise's game, think of a mix between Scott Gomez and Mike York. He has Gomez's vision and skating, but York's effort and work ethic. Many Devils fans from NJdevs.com (myself included) expect something around 20-25 goals and 40-50 assists from Zach when he fully develops.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
MissionHockey said:
If you want to picture Zach Parise's game, think of a mix between Scott Gomez and Mike York. He has Gomez's vision and skating, but York's effort and work ethic. Many Devils fans from NJdevs.com (myself included) expect something around 20-25 goals and 40-50 assists from Zach when he fully develops.
Now you are just overdoing it. A player like that would mean something like Sakic.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Now you are just overdoing it. A player like that would mean something like Sakic.
Last I heard Sakic was more than a 25 goal scorer. I highly doubt that Parise will ever reach 100 points like Sakic has during his career.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
MissionHockey said:
Last I heard Sakic was more than a 25 goal scorer. I highly doubt that Parise will ever reach 100 points like Sakic has during his career.
So you think with more speed and more hockey sense York wouldn't get more then 25 goals?

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
So you think with more speed and more hockey sense York wouldn't get more then 25 goals?
I think you missed the point, but if you put York and Gomez together, I'm still not sure that player is on the same level as Sakic. Also Gomez doesn't have that blazing speed that some other players have (Kovalchuk, St. Louis, Hossa, Gagne) in my eyes, not that he is slow by any means.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
MissionHockey said:
I think you missed the point, but if you put York and Gomez together, I'm still not sure that player is on the same level as Sakic. Also Gomez doesn't have that blazing speed that some other players have (Kovalchuk, St. Louis, Hossa, Gagne) in my eyes, not that he is slow by any means.
You have about an inch of gloss over your eyes then. Gomez IMO is 3rd fastest player on the devils behind Niedermayer and Friesen. He would be fastest on many teams. If Gomez had Yorks scoring and Yorks defensive skills he would be a player as effective as Sakic.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
You have about an inch of gloss over your eyes then. Gomez IMO is 3rd fastest player on the devils behind Niedermayer and Friesen. He would be fastest on many teams. If Gomez had Yorks scoring and Yorks defensive skills he would be a player as effective as Sakic.
Can you honestly tell me that Gomez is faster than the three I mentioned earlier? I also believe Gomez is the 4th fastest behind Niedermayer, Friesen and Elias. He has great acceleration, and can cut through the neutral zone like butter, however I don't think his top is as fast as the elite skaters in the league. His ability to change direction quickly and maintain his speed disguises that.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
MissionHockey said:
Can you honestly tell me that Gomez is faster than the three I mentioned earlier? I also believe Gomez is the 4th fastest behind Niedermayer, Friesen and Elias. He has great acceleration, and can cut through the neutral zone like butter, however I don't think his top is as fast as the elite skaters in the league. His ability to change direction quickly and maintain his speed disguises that.
Elias doesn't have great speed. He is more strong then fast.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Meh, Parise with a calm 4 assists tonight. Maybe one of his best games ever. Its going to OT........Suglobov with 4 pointd also (2 goals)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
pucklove said:
Dean Mcammond had 3 points as well. Shame about the shootout loss though.
Agreed, it was one hell of a comeback then the penalty in OT kind of killed the atmosphere and then the SO just licks.....both teams battled hard and one comes away the loser.

leafaholix*

Zach Parise is a great player, not a future superstar, but he'll be good.

Having said that... he is overhyped.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Hardly....people could care less about him now he is in Albany.
Hype is attached to his name, not where he's playing.

Since the draft, he's been overhyped.

I.am.ca

gopher said:
the only real governator is arnold!
so don`t use arnolds nickname for parise.
-> vanek is and will be the only GOVERNATOR on ice!

No.

Safir*

For me Zach is similar to Joe Sakic, but less productive (80 points should be his max output).

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
I like the Modano comparison (though I still dislike Modano...) that I've heard.

80ish points a year, leader, defensive player.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
DownFromNJ said:
I like the Modano comparison (though I still dislike Modano...) that I've heard.

80ish points a year, leader, defensive player.

I was thinking more like 110 points a year, Selke, Hart, and Vezina.

I.am.ca

MLH said:
I was thinking more like 110 points a year, Selke, Hart, and Vezina.

Nah man, 110 pts would be his off year in just 30 games. He's going to be a 300pt man every year if he is healthy.

He'll win the Selke, Hart, Vezina, Richard, Pearson, Lady Byng also. He'll also have a +/- of 350+ each year. He'll surpass Gretzky in 10 seasons and will rewrite the history books in every category except fighting.

leafaholix*

Reilly311 said:
well, I mean he DID win the MVP in last years world junior...
He won it because he was amazing in the round robin games... vs. Finland and Canada he was invisible... the final 2 games.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:
Zach Parise is a great player, not a future superstar, but he'll be good.

Having said that... he is overhyped.

I would agree with this. He'll be a 1st line center that puts out around 70 pts a year (in a good year), and frankly, it's about time the U.S. starts churning more of those types of players out.

Last edited:

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
I would agree with this. He'll be a 1st line center that puts up a point per game, and frankly, it's about time the U.S. starts churning more of those types of players out.

Point per game in today's NHL is top-5 scoring.

leafaholix*

This thread's not helping... to say he has the potential to be a really good player is one thing... to say he'll finish with a point a game is another. There are elite hockey players in today's NHL that didn't hit 82 points last year.

My prediction: consistent 50-70 point player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad