Who is this "Parise" dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
One draft in 2000 we got Suglobov, DeMarchi, Hale, Martin, Danton, Rupp, Laine, Cole.....of those players 4 of them played in the NHL last year(Hale, Martin, Rupp, Danton), 1 is guarenteed a spot in the NHL once it comes back (Suglobov) and the other two should play in the NHL sometime in the next 3 years.(DeMarchi, Laine) Every other draft we have had around 7, 8 or 9 picks......not too much to work with.
And to date, their drafting over the last 10 years has not been god like, its been average.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sammy said:
And to date, their drafting over the last 10 years has not been god like, its been average.
No.....they havn't had near as many high picks as other teams. For the picks they hae had it has been great. Top 3. Abviously a team like Florida or Nashville will have great prospects when they suck for so many years and trade their vetrens for draft picks. NJ keeps on rebuilding while winning. That shows you how great their scouting is.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
No.....they havn't had near as many high picks as other teams. For the picks they hae had it has been great. Top 3. Abviously a team like Florida or Nashville will have great prospects when they suck for so many years and trade their vetrens for draft picks. NJ keeps on rebuilding while winning. That shows you how great their scouting is.
I think you & I have a philisophical disagreement. You seem to put a lot of stock in guys who simply play in the NHL . (ie to date, Rupp & Danton) who are really replacable parts, & you really project guys into the NHL (ie Demarchi, Sublogov, Laine, Cole) when I am no where near as optomistic in terms of prospects who have proven zip. Every team in the NHL has those kinda guys.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sammy said:
I think you & I have a philisophical disagreement. You seem to put a lot of stock in guys who simply play in the NHL . (ie to date, Rupp & Danton) who are really replacable parts, & you really project guys into the NHL (ie Demarchi, Sublogov, Laine, Cole) when I am no where near as optomistic in terms of prospects who have proven zip. Every team in the NHL has those kinda guys.
Not Cole....he was a late round pick though that is playing well for Albany....thats why I put him. DeMarchi will make the NHL....when he plays for Albany this year, we seem to win. He is physical, mean, good defensivly and a nice puck mover. Suglobov has not proven zip. He played for Russia at the WC two years ago, he is close to a PPG in the AHL while battling an injury, everyone in the system felt he would be a lock for the Devils this year had there not been a lockout. Teemu Laine probably won't make the NHL because he seems to like it in Finland.....he could play though.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Epsilon said:
The overrating of the Devils' drafting is a direct result of Pierre McGuire's fellatio during the last couple of NHL draft broadcasts.
There is no overating...we won 3 cups based on our drafting. With those cups we kept our salaries to a respectable number unlike Detroit and Colorado.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Sammy said:
Most of New Jersey's players are home grown. Aside from Scott Stevens, the players that stick, often go through the system such as Elias, Niedermayer, Gomez, Madden, Pandolfo, White etc.

A team that plays in a smaller market depends on the draft to be successful. Saying its been average is an understatement.

brylin18

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sammy said:

That's a ridiculous comment. To say that the Devils prospects have been overhyped recently (mostly due to Parise) is one thing. To say that they are an "average" drafting team is just plain wrong.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
M V Pete said:
or first... sorry, was too easy. Think it's too early in the season to be quoting where he stands in rookie scoring...

...wish the devs had some guts last year and put him in during the playoffs, could've used some offense....
You'd have rather thrown him into the fire than develop him properly? Parise wouldn't have won the series for the Devils.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
brylin18 said:
That's a ridiculous comment. To say that the Devils prospects have been overhyped recently (mostly due to Parise) is one thing. To say that they are an "average" drafting team is just plain wrong.

Agreed. Name 5 teams in the league who have drafted better than New Jersey.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I believe Crosby played...

Just one year at St.Mary's(I missed seeing him play that year in the tourny).The Parise brothers stayed little longer then that.Jordan Parise believe his name is still might be there.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Lou is God said:
Hey, you should look at it now, he's averaging .87 ppg up from your quoted .75 ppg and he's not tied for 7th in second anymore in scoring. He's first. ;)

And he has less GP... and perhaps more importantly....

Voros is second. :D

Undsioux130

Nov 27, 2004
North Dakota
s8.invisionfree.com
Haven't been able to see Ovechkin play. Saw Parise and Crosby at Shattuck-St. Mary's. He does not compare with either of them. But overall, a great player. Hopefully he can grow a bit, and get some size behind him to go with his skill. I wish him luck in Albany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad