Who is this "Parise" dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I'm sorry but everyone's talking about Crosby and Ovechkin. But at last year's WJC there was a guy named Zach Parise and he owned the rest of the World.

I don't know anything about him, I don't even know if he was drafted already, but isn't he as good as Crosby and Ovechkin?

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
wilka91 said:
I'm sorry but everyone's talking about Crosby and Ovechkin. But at last year's WJC there was a guy named Zach Parise and he owned the rest of the World.

I don't know anything about him, I don't even know if he was drafted already, but isn't he as good as Crosby and Ovechkin?

Drafted 17th Overall in 2003 by the New Jersey Devils. Played for North Dakota in the NCAA and his main knock is his size (which isn't small really).

And he kind of slowed down come the elimination round. He was tied in points with Nigel Dawes and Anthony Stewart, which is probably why he wasn't being pimped as much.

No he is not as good as Crosby and Ovechkin to make it short.

Reilly311

wilka91 said:

are you serious?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Reilly311 said:
are you serious?

Yep.

I didn't pay ANY attention to prospects until ... 3 or 4 months I arrived to the HF Boards.
I just knew Ovechkin, Malkin and that's all. LOL

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
wilka91 said:

he's a good player, but isnt hyped like Crosby.

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
From what I've heard he's not exactly lighting it up this season.

He obviously performed well at the WJC last year, but I think a lot of the excitement surrounding Parise was that NJ traded up to draft him, and the Devils are traditionally known as a pretty good drafting team. If they liked what they saw in him enough to trade up, he must be a solid prospect. Just not in the class of AO or Crosby.

Also, a few guys like Pierre Maguire were absolutely ga-ga over Parise at the draft - take that for what it's worth.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
wilka91 said:

More than a year older than Ovechkin and just over three older than Crosby. Good player but certainly not underhyped.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
It is fun to watch the Parise nay-sayers come out throughout this site. Quite often, like the post above, they originate from Oiler fans in sheep's clothing. This is often the residual from the ongoing Parise versus Pouliot debates among we passionate Oiler fans. The Oiler draft decision to trade down remains a hot topic.

How can you spot an Oiler fan in sheep's clothing. Be on the lookout for remarks such as:
- "Pierre Maguire totally over hyped him";
- "(Oiler) scouts said he wore down over the shorter college season";
- "He's not big enough to play in the NHL".

It's all good fun. ;)

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Personally I dont think Parise will amount to much at all and Im not an Oilers fan.... but thanks.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
Parise is over-hyped, yup oilers fan, taboo huh?

he's still good, but really i see at most borderline 1st line centre/2nd line centre, I see Mike York all over Zachie, its a good thing

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I;m a Panther Fan from Alberta...

Watch Parise play in the Mac Midget Tourny held in Calgary every Christmas season.He and his brothers play(ED) for Shattuck St.Mary's.I watched St.Mary's go up against Fort Sask. and Joffrey Lupul in the finals.St.Mary's won handily in the Finals and I believe Zach got MVP. one year in the tourny.Marty Murray coached them for awhile in Minnesota where the school is located.

I think Parise will be a LONG TERM solid player in the NHL.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Parise is a Devils prospect with great upside, is very fast and very talented, he is a great playmaker and has great offensive game. He will play in the NHL, this kid give 110% when he plays. :handclap:

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
CanadianPantherFan said:
Watch Parise play in the Mac Midget Tourny held in Calgary every Christmas season.He and his brothers play(ED) for Shattuck St.Mary's.I watched St.Mary's go up against Fort Sask. and Joffrey Lupul in the finals.St.Mary's won handily in the Finals and I believe Zach got MVP. one year in the tourny.Marty Murray coached them for awhile in Minnesota where the school is located.

I think Parise will be a LONG TERM solid player in the NHL.

Didn't Crosby play there too??? As a 15 year old, before he even got drafted by Rimouski. I'm pretty sure JP, Zach's dad, was and still is the director of hockey operations at St-Mary's college.

KariyaIsGod*

Parise is very good.

That being said he isn't as good as Crosby.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
HemskyFreak83 said:
Parise is over-hyped, yup oilers fan, taboo huh?

he's still good, but really i see at most borderline 1st line centre/2nd line centre, I see Mike York all over Zachie, its a good thing

Yeah not every Oiler fans hates Parise and I agree that Parise = Mike York

York is one very solid player but do you win with 2 guys his size on the top 2 lines – me thinks not and that was proven when Comrie and York were both in Edmonton. Parise is a good young player - but Pouliot and JF Jacque are both having great years in the QMJHL as well. Solid trade for both teams and it will be interesting to see what NJ does with Gomez and Parise – because that would be two guys under 5-10 on their top lines

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
ErnestoGuevara said:
Didn't Crosby play there too??? As a 15 year old, before he even got drafted by Rimouski. I'm pretty sure JP, Zach's dad, was and still is the director of hockey operations at St-Mary's college.

Yep - but it's a prep school, not a college.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I've known about this guy forever, but one thing I still don't understand...

How do you pronounce his name?!

Is it Pare-ih-say or Pare-eee-s? I've always used the second one, but I don't trust my own judgement... I called Khabibulan Kab-ib-u-len for a good year before my friend got fed up and corrected me.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Mr Bugg said:
I've known about this guy forever, but one thing I still don't understand...

How do you pronounce his name?!

Is it Pare-ih-say or Pare-eee-s? I've always used the second one, but I don't trust my own judgement... I called Khabibulan Kab-ib-u-len for a good year before my friend got fed up and corrected me.
His dad is french canadian it's pronounced Parisé for the french speaking and should be Pa-ree-zay for english speaking.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Add two more assists to Parise's stats in the first period vs Providence. I feel he will be close to a PPG by years end. Everyone is getting healthy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->