Who is the Tom Brady of the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
He needs to cheat like a coward to compete at a kids game, what else would you call it
A kids game? cheat like a coward? I guess Jerry Rice is a no good cheat and coward because he used stickem ( Jerry Rice the GOAT WR and super nice guy). Many teams have bent the rules in the past, relax and eat a snickers.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
He cheated on faceoffs that's enough for me.

Why don't you use a real argument next time?

What you are describing is within the purview of officiating and therefore an idiotic analogy. I never said brady cheated because he commits intentional grounding penalties sometimes. Spygate and deflategate were outside the realm of adjudication and a secret, unknown advantage that could not be ruled on.

One of the worst attempts at a gotcha post maybe ever

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
What you are describing is within the purview of officiating and therefore an idiotic analogy. I never said brady cheated because he commits intentional grounding penalties sometimes. Spygate and deflategate were outside the realm of adjudication and a secret, unknown advantage that could not be ruled on.

One of the worst attempts at a gotcha post maybe ever
No what you are doing is using an arbitrary goalpost to base your argument on. I really don't expect anybody here to take your argument seriously.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
No what you are doing is using an arbitrary goalpost to base your argument on. I really don't expect anybody here to take your argument seriously.

Ah cool is that why people have been replying with earnest posts for three pages? Cool cool

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
But nowhere near the goat.
Well, yeah... if you take off the 3 Super Bowl wins, it's not quite as impressive. I don't have a counterpoint to that.

Then again, you said that his post-Spygate career wasn't that impressive. Which is utterly ridiculous.

And we dont yet know about deflategate or other attempts at cheating.
So, here's my challenge to you about "Deflategate"... with as much specificity as possible, tell me what Brady did to violate league rules and gain an advantage with the footballs.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
It's kind of a telling sign where "neautral fans" keep telling you over and over again how silly your agenda against Brady is.

Its a telling sign when you have to make personal attacks against people for being islanders/ny jets fans instead of discuss the topic

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Well, yeah... if you take off the 3 Super Bowl wins, it's not quite as impressive. I don't have a counterpoint to that.

Then again, you said that his post-Spygate career wasn't that impressive. Which is utterly ridiculous.

So, here's my challenge to you about "Deflategate"... with as much specificity as possible, tell me what Brady did to violate league rules and gain an advantage with the footballs.

Not that impressive IN THE CONTEXT OF A GOAT DISCUSSION. Ive said many times his stats are top 5ish of this era. Hes a good, very good qb. But his goat case is not standout at all.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
But nowhere near the goat. And we dont yet know about deflategate or other attempts at cheating.

You haven't done your research. Embarrassing. Your a headline reader. Lazy. You're the real cheater, cheating yourself of knowledge what really happened.

De frame gate was scientifically proven to be false and spygate was legal except they were doing it in an area that was not allowed (post 2006 season.)

But you have your opinion, even though it's a joke.

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
Its a telling sign when you have to make personal attacks against people for being islanders/ny jets fans instead of discuss the topic

Seriously. Personal attacks? He's a NY fan who dislikes Brady. I called him out on it. Nothing wrong with that. Calling some one a low life.. Now thats a personal attack.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Not that impressive IN THE CONTEXT OF A GOAT DISCUSSION. Ive said many times his stats are top 5ish of this era. Hes a good, very good qb.
That's fair.

Just as I think it's legitimate to argue that the "Top 5ish" stats of this era combined with all of the winning pushes him to the front of the pack.

I noticed you skipped the Spygate portion of my response...

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014

Re deflategate -

1 - guy is known as "the deflater" on texts
2 - pats claim that nickname refers to his weight loss
3 - that same guy is on text discussing how he did not properly follow toms request during a jets game where balls felt like bricks
4 - that same guy is caught on tape taking the balls POST REF INSPECTION and taking them into a locked bathroom on way to firld (illegal procedurally)
5 - that same guy is on text receiving payment from brady in the form of autographed memorabilia
6 - some, not all, of the balls are measured to be below what would be explained by ideal gas law alone (tho i admit nfl procedures during investigation were bad)
7 - brady then calls this guy 7 times in a panic after story breakd
8 - brady destroys his cell phone and claims it is routine

Even without the measurements there is a mountain of circumstancial evidence that this guy was on bradys payroll and orders to illegally deflate footballs after being inspected by refs and placed in refs locker.

leafsnat1on

Jan 16, 2014
Toronto
I'm late to the party but the first two pages all I see compared are all-time NHL greats that were already highly regarded.

What makes the Brady story way more relevant is that he was Mr. Irrelevant--therefore the last player picked in his draft.

I think we need to analyze players who were diamonds in the rough, players like Zetterberg or Datsyuk, as an example.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
You haven't done your research. Embarrassing. Your a headline reader. Lazy. You're the real cheater, cheating yourself of knowledge what really happened.

De frame gate was scientifically proven to be false and spygate was legal except they were doing it in an area that was not allowed (post 2006 season.)

But you have your opinion, even though it's a joke.

Actually spytaping the way the pats did it was always illegal. The 2006 thing was a memo REMINDING the pats of its illegality and they continued anyway. You seem to be uninformed.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Actually spytaping the way the pats did it was always illegal. The 2006 thing was a memo REMINDING the pats of its illegality and they continued anyway. You seem to be uninformed.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

ESPN ARTICLE LOL. Just stop your embarrassing. If you wanted any credibility you would use a neutral site like pro football talk.

You're full of hate, everyone who's put the pads on says he's the goat. Didn't Rodger say say he overinflated his balls too? Guess he's a cheater too.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
ESPN ARTICLE LOL. Just stop your embarrrsing. If you wanted any credibility you would use a neutral site like pro football talk.

You're full of hate, everyone who's put the pads on

Outside the lines is not broader espn. Pretty highly regarded for their investigative journalism. Easy to cry about espn even tho that article had to be deeply sourced and pass otls editorial muster.

Rodgers overinflated the balls BEFORE REF INSPECTION so the refs bringing it into range would leave it at the high end. He didnt pay a goon to steal them post inspection and take them out of range for actual gameplay. You are so uninformed man. Sad.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Seriously. Personal attacks? He's a NY fan who dislikes Brady. I called him out on it. Nothing wrong with that. Calling some one a low life.. Now thats a personal attack.

I didn't take offense to it, but I am still waiting on someone to give me an argument other than team winning of why Brady > Manning.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Outside the lines is not broader espn. Pretty highly regarded for their investigative journalism. Easy to cry about espn even tho that article had to be deeply sourced and pass otls editorial muster.

Rodgers overinflated the balls BEFORE REF INSPECTION so the refs bringing it into range would leave it at the high end. He didnt pay a goon to steal them post inspection and take them out of range for actual gameplay. You are so uninformed man. Sad.

Your posting espn articles which funded the story. You lose. Do yourself a favour and follow the story on pro football talk by Mike Florio who is neutral.

You're dismissing greatness. It's sad. Deion Sanders said it best. Everyone who's played the game knows Brady is the Goat, but there will always be his jealous detractors such as yourself. You read biased articles, we watch the game. If you think his legacy is based on footballs then that's too bad. It's his mind, heart, pre snap reads and no quit mentality. The leadership, no other qb would lead a comeback like that. Rodgers had a shot but failed.

Rodgers is more physically gifted, but that's it.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
Your posting espn articles which funded the story. You lose. Do yourself a favour and follow the story on pro football talk by Mike Florio who is neutral.

You're dismissing greatness. It's sad. Deion Sanders said it best. Everyone who's played the game knows Brady is the Goat, but there will always be his jealous detractors such as yourself. You read biased articles, we watch the game. If you think his legacy is based on footballs then that's too bad. It's his mind, heart, pre snap reads and no quit mentality. The leadership, no other qb would lead a comeback like that. Rodgers had a shot but failed.

Rodgers is more physically gifted, but that's it.

Greatness doesnt need to cheat for 4/5 rings. Facts only.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Greatness doesnt need to cheat for 4/5 rings. Facts only.

That's your biased opinion and you're in the minority. That's the only fact. Every sport show and podcast pretty much disagree's with you're argument. Even the biggest patriot hater Max Kellerman admitted it. Good night.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Ah so because it wasnt needed in the second half of one game that somehow legitimizes the practice? It was cheating, brady was caught (again) and punished for it, further cementing his legacy as a habitual cheat.

Not only are you wrong here, you're laughably wrong. Brady has literally NEVER been proven to have cheated at anything. You're a farce at this point.

spiny norman

Administrator
Apr 1, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Whenever there's a thread like this, it always devolves into a discussion of the non-hockey player and not about any hockey player who would be the equivalent.

As a result, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad