Who is the slowest player ?

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
DD?

He won the fastest skater on the habs skills contest a few years ago...

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Moen, Weber, White, Nokelainen, Kaberle..

habs03 said:
DD?

He won the fastest skater on the habs skills contest a few years ago...

He's much faster than people give him credit for. He doesn't play a speed game and tries to slow down the play, hence why he looks slow.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Don't think Armstrong or DD really belong in the poll. I would think that it's probably moen. Bouillon can really get going with some open space.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Peter Budaj

DD is got to be the oddest looking skater, he looks like an Ostrich in full flight, his upper torso is motionless while his legs are going 100mph

Last edited:

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
The answer is clear - it's the same player whose fan boys refuses to acknowledge any of his flaws.

The player who poses the greatest liability in giving up odd man rushes.

He's the 1 dman who will give up the most 2 on 1's that originate from turnovers at the oppositions blue line because he doesn't have the ability to MATCH (I said match, not beat) the speed of opposing teams forwards.

It's time we take off our russian tinted glasses and say all together ''Andrei Markov''

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Desharnais is not a slow skater. Heck... in fact, guys like Eller and Galchenyuk are not faster than him.

EDIT2:

I voted White but Markov sure isn't a speedster. He never was one to be honest. I think he does look slower this year but it's mainly observable when he needs to make a pivot. What's the English word for "pivot"?

EDIT1:

@ginu

You really think that, among the 6 choices, Desharnais is the slowest?!

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Desharnais is not a slow skater. Heck... in fact, guys like Eller and Galchenyuk are not faster than him.

EDIT:

@ginu

You really think that, among the 6 choices, Desharnais is the slowest?!

Ginu hasn't posted in this thread? Unless I'm missing something here. And Eller beat DD in the speed skating part of the skills comp last year.Not sure about Galchenyuk, his acceleration isn't anything fantastic (neither is DD's) but when he gets going, he can be pretty fast. Not sure who would win in a flat out race between both.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Ginu hasn't posted in this thread? Unless I'm missing something here. And Eller beat DD in the speed skating part of the skills comp last year.Not sure about Galchenyuk, his acceleration isn't anything fantastic (neither is DD's) but when he gets going, he can be pretty fast. Not sure who would win in a flat out race between both.

View poll results

He voted for Desharnais

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec

And the year before DD beat him no? Legit question here: I am not sure. Both players are similar in terms of speed imo.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
And the year before DD beat him no? Legit question here: I am not sure. Both players are similar in terms of speed imo.

I actually have no idea either. Was DD up on the team for the skills comp that year? Legit question is legit.

edit:

I don't think eller participated in it that year.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
I actually have no idea either. Was DD up on the team for the skills comp that year? Legit question is legit.

edit:

I don't think eller participated in it that year.

Yep, you are right: no Eller in the 2011 competition.

there was a fastest skater competition it was the first part.
Results

David Desharnais 14.65 sec
Tom Pyatt 14.42 sec
Max Pacioretty 14.26 sec
P.K. Subban 14.72 sec

That said, “pure speed” is not the same thing than “speed in control of the puck”. In control of the puck, I do think that Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Eller have similar speed. Without the puck... I am not sure!

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Moen has bad acceleration, but good speed though.

Slowest ? Maybe a tie between Armstrong and Markov ?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The answer is clear - it's the same player whose fan boys refuses to acknowledge any of his flaws.

The player who poses the greatest liability in giving up odd man rushes.

He's the 1 dman who will give up the most 2 on 1's that originate from turnovers at the oppositions blue line because he doesn't have the ability to MATCH (I said match, not beat) the speed of opposing teams forwards.

It's time we take off our russian tinted glasses and say all together ''Andrei Markov''

There seems to be a contradiction in this paragraph. Generally, if you've caused a 2-on-1 at your blueline because of a turnover, it's because you made a poor defensive play - not because you lost a footrace. The footrace typically occurs after you've turned the puck over and are trying to recover. And Markov, I would say, doesn't make a large amount of turnovers or bad plays at the blueline. However, they are certainly amplified when he does because he can't get back as quickly as someone like Subban or Diaz might be able to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad