Who is the Player You Hate but Want on Your Team?

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I feel most teams have a player that fans despise yet secretly or openly wish were on their team be it one of the Tachook boys, Ryan Reaves, Tom Wilson Brendan Gallagher or Ratboy Marchand just to name a few.

My favorite pests of all time were Esa Tikkanen and Ken Linesman both could get under your skin but still played at a high level.

I would take Reaves and Gallagher on my team anyday. Not sure about the others but if you could pick any two who would they be?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I don't hate Gallagher but would love to have him on the Rangers so Tom Wilson I guess, but I don't really hate him either.

That's a very strong word.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Gallagher. He’s dirty but not cheap shot/injure you dirty. A little wack here, a punch there, extra slash on the goalie etc. He infuriates me as a Sens fan but my god do I respect him. He’s not overly big and this guy gets cross checked and slashed like it’s no tomorrow.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Someone that can play heavy in the playoffs and come up big.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Marchand and the Tkachuk's are probably going to be the answer depending on who your team's divisional rivals are. Usually it'd be Marchand or Brady (although he's less of a rat than his brother and more a typical PF). But, obviously, with the number of games against Calgary and his shenanigans vs us, he gets added to the list. Prior to this year I was pretty indifferent to Matt because usually he didn't do stuff for the Leafs and I cheered for him in London.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Usually if I loathe a player that much, I don't want him on my team.

There isn't a player in the league I loathe enough where I wouldn't want them on my team (assuming they're actually a good player that could make a positive impact).

Ironically the only player of the last decade I really disliked was Rick Nash. Though that's because the Rangers nuked their 2012 core to bring him in and despite two strong regular seasons he was not a player that could be relied upon when it matters.

And then I got even more infuriated in his later years when his offense started to go but the Rangers board came up with this BS narrative that he was now a Selke level defensive winger so his dip in goal scoring was justified.

Things would have been very different for the Rangers had Nash never forced his way out of CBJ. One of the few things in life I'd accept a do over on.

Yes I am still sour Dubinsky was traded, even more sour than I was that Leetch was traded and that was my first true heart break in life as a 14 year old and I will never forgive the Rangers for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chabot84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad