Who is the Player You Hate but Want on Your Team?

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Pretty much...

Marchand if you're a fan of an Eastern Conference Team;

Marchand or Tkachuk if you're a fan of an Western Conference Team (excluding Vancouver);

Marchand if you're fan of Vancouver (cause you aint over 2011 yet); and

Crosby if you're fan of Boston.

Reactions: Paradise Circus

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Brad Marchand would definitely make this biggest impact on winning of any of these dirty players. He is by a wide margin biggest rat in the NHL, with a career full of dirty cheap plays but he is also by far the most talented of the rats.

If he were to join the Leafs... I think I would actually be a a tad more ambivalent about the team. However if they lost again, well at least I could watch Marchand lose. And to be honest, if somehow the Leafs were to win the Cup and break over a half centutry of failure, seeing Brad Marchand hoist the Cup would be only a small damper on the moment.

But he won't join the Leafs. He will continue to be on the team that tortures the Leafs the more then any other franchise by far. In the city that tortures Toronto across sports (Celtics knocking out the Raptors in 7 last season, the Red Sox- along with the Yankees- flexing their massive payroll for decades to pilfer talent from the MLB and block the Jays from the playoffs), and he will continue to be a dirty rat of a hockey player.

Reactions: Alicat

Paradise Circus

May 27, 2010
YVR
Pretty much...

Marchand or Tkachuk if you're a fan of an Western Conference Team (excluding Vancouver);

too soon bra

Reactions: KirkW

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I've never hated a player and wanted them. I hate them. I want them to broke, in the gutter, life in shambles ect.
That seems a bit much... There are some players I really don't like to watch, particularly guys who do some extremely dangerous things on the ice that are intended, not to make a hockey play but to actually seriously injure an opponent, but even for guys like that (eg. Brad Marchand), It seems wrong to wish that their lives off the ice are utterly ruined. These are people after all who are playing a sport and none of them (even Marchand) have done anything nearly terrible enough on the ice to warrant that kind of retribution.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Pretty much...

For Toronto sports fans you can pretty much list all the good players on all the Boston sports teams; they have all tortured a team that played in the city (heck Toronto even hosted the Bills on and off for several seasons to complete the quadfecta of pain). But yes, especially Marchand.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Tom Wilson maybe? Big RHS with a scoring touch. Actually, he's exactly what we needed for the past 5 years.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sorry OP but would love to have a line of both kachucks centered by Marchand.

would be like watching the Hanson brothers

just imagine all the chirping going on at the face off dots.

Muzzin and Doughty as the dmen :naughty:

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Let's talk about the 3 Bruins players I've learned to hate with passion.

1- Chara. I still haven't forgiven his dirty hit on Pacioretty, but I think he's a decent human being. I respect him and his accomplishments and could cheer for him.

2- Lucic. I think he used to be a jerk and a bully. His antics during the handshakes after being eliminated by Montreal in 2014 were so unsportsmanlike. But I think he's more mature now. And his scoring woes have probably brought him back to earth. I could see him playing in Montreal (except he's pretty useless now).

3- Marchand. NO WAY. Of course he's super talented, but I would throw up seeing him in a Habs uniform. He's my most hated individual in the NHL, along with referee Chris Lee. And they both happen to have the same rat face. It can't be a coincidence.

Reactions: dgeezus

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Maybe it's a cultural thing but where I'm from, you don't both hate a player and want them in your team.

I for one hate Gabriel Landeskog and would rather see my team torn down and move locations before I want that Rat on my team.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
4C? .. has he really dropped off that much?
I think the point is the Penguins have some excellent centre’s on their team so Giroux would be their 4th best. It’s also a low blow to their rival Flyers fans insinuating that their best centre would be the Pens worst centre. But cmon man give them some credit. Giroux would be on the third line in Pittsburgh.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
There isn't a player in the league I loathe enough where I wouldn't want them on my team (assuming they're actually a good player that could make a positive impact).

Ironically the only player of the last decade I really disliked was Rick Nash. Though that's because the Rangers nuked their 2012 core to bring him in and despite two strong regular seasons he was not a player that could be relied upon when it matters.

And then I got even more infuriated in his later years when his offense started to go but the Rangers board came up with this BS narrative that he was now a Selke level defensive winger so his dip in goal scoring was justified.

Things would have been very different for the Rangers had Nash never forced his way out of CBJ. One of the few things in life I'd accept a do over on.

Yes I am still sour Dubinsky was traded, even more sour than I was that Leetch was traded and that was my first true heart break in life as a 14 year old and I will never forgive the Rangers for that.
I love your take and feel your pain. I think a great thread would be what player do you wish your team never traded/ picked up. I still regret that the Jets had to trade Teemu Selanne away and it was probably the first time I had to concede this is really just a business despite adults playing a kids game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->