Who is the Next William Karlsson?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Who do you think the next player is to come out of nowhere and put up insane offensive numbers?

My guess is Joel Armia. I've been impressed every time I've seen him. Like Karlsson, he is great defensively, posesses a good shot with an incredible release, and has a ton of skill. He is being pushed down the lineup by guys like Laine, Connor, Ehlers, and Roslovic, but I think he could break out in another team's top 6.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Well I just said Nail Yakupov might pull it off a few minutes ago so might as well do it again here. Assuming he doesn't bolt to the KHL of course.

Reactions: Dumais

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ondrej Kase? He is on his way already and he will get opportunities with Ducks.

Ya, Nichushkin doesn't have the skill to score over 50 points in the NHL. That just won't happen.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
No one.

I don't think people understand just how out of the blue this transformation of William Karlsson is. There were reasons to believe Marchessault might be a star, there were reasons to believe Reilly Smith was much better than he showed last season, there were reasons to believe McNabb and Schultz could step up in bigger roles. It was all a matter of researching. Not with Karlsson. From what I remember, he was even lousy in the preseason for Vegas. And then the season started and the world turned upside down.

It would surprise me if we saw a story like that again.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A much lesser scale, but whoever has Josh Leivo next season will be happy.

Whether it be on the Leafs, or a different team, he’ll produce pretty well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad