Speculation: Who is the next Habs captain?

Next Habs captain

• Total voters

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
Mandatory "Captain needs to be bilingual" and Drouin will probably be only Franco left. :sarcasm:

I need a Paul Byron option ... even better, ask Stephane Richer to come out of retirement and use him as a sort of Manute Bol sideshow, it's about time hockey looked like Blurnsball

Hab Bateman

Fan of Genesis and Jake Evans
Dec 11, 2008
Eugene, OR
Agree with most of you that Gallagher will probably get the C but the A suits him better. I voted Suzuki as I think he will be the legitimate face of the team for years to come, but I don't see that happening. Maybe we give it to PK like we should have when Patches got it, just need to sign him again.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I felt I voted for ‘guess the captain” more-so than expressed an opinion with Gallagher there. Suzuki’s team has a nice ring. Maybe in 6 years.

Jul 6, 2016
No Captain next season. Just give three "A". - Gally-Petry and Byron . We will see next year. According to Waite, Gally is no captain material.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Looked this up. When Yvan Cournoyer was out with back surgery, Serge Savard was named interim captain and wasn't officially given the 'C' until Cournoyer retired (by players vote).

Could see them naming someone interim. It is a burden with the media attention, should be someone who can shoulder that extra load. If Perry is back he'd be my choice on an interim basis.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Heard multiple nasty prima donna behaviour from Gallagher from friend photographs…. Not the captain type

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Itll be Gallagher... unfortunately

Gallagher is a warrior... so much so that I think its also his detriment.

One of the things I'd like from the captain though is to have a good reputation with the officials, but they clearly don't like him, and the opposing defense has been given a free pass for years to do whatever they want with him without fear of a penalty.

I don't think he's the right guy just for that reason.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
In 3-4 years, we will probably talking about Guhle becoming the next captain. He seems to have a lot of ressemblance to Shea Weber.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Petry.

Last thing i want is a Captain who is going to get punched in the face every night and lose every fight.

I like Gallagher. He deserves the A. But no team will respect him as our C and just take more liberties with him especially.

Exactly. There was a thread made almost exactly the same weeks ago and I said the same thing. Gally is like a horse with eyes protector that don't see the side of his face. He sees one way and crash. That's fine to have soldiers like that on a battlefield, giving their all but you need someone that sees the whole picture to be Captain. Petry fits that role better because as a D you see the whole game, esp. an offensive D like him that set up the plays. And he has the calm demeanor to be captain and this regime tend to like guys like that.

Plus given Petry's age, they could transition to Suzuki as Captain quicker.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Idk does gally want to be captain? He is perfect captain material. I go with As and give Suzuki an A. Then when the future is clear with Weber, go back to gally

McEsenpi

Apr 17, 2021
Sign Perry for 2 years. Name him captain by "interim".

Then, in two-years, assess where you are with your young players.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Gallagher would seem to be the obvious choice... not sure he's the best choice however.
I choose Jeff Petry because as a defenseman, he isn’t expected to produce points, but in Gally’s case being the Habs’ highest paid forward, after stretches of games in which he was held pointless, he’ll ended up being Patches II.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00