Speculation: Who is the next Habs captain?

Next Habs captain

• Total voters

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Please let it be suzuki
I guarantee u all the young players we have on our team and system are looking up to him

Reactions: iamtalbot

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I don't believe is Weber gone for a second.

The guy bleeds hockey, once the injuries heal up he'll be skating at Brossard.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Take Gallagher, whatever you say about him scoring goals, he knows how to motivate this team. Suzuki is the future but still too young, he is going to be official 1C next year don't add more pressure

Reactions: Corson27 and CDN24

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I don't see any of the kids as captain material now or in the future. Some people have voted for Suzuki but he is very introverted and a bit of an odd dude. If Harris really blossoms I could see it being him down way the road or possibly even Guhle.

Gallagher and Petry are the front runners by a landslide if and when the organization decides to remove that title from Weber.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Gonna catch some flak but I don't see Gallagher as a captain. "Pests" (talking reputation here) usually don't become captain - refs simply don't respect them. Then again, MB has a hard on for him so it's quite possible he's next in line. He certainly has the team to heart so I'll give him that. To me a A is perfect for him.

I would wait at least a year without a captain then see what happens with Weber and re-evaluate (maybe give it to Gallagher then). Just run with three As in the meantime.

Reactions: Mr Mom

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I don't believe is Weber gone for a second.

The guy bleeds hockey, once the injuries heal up he'll be skating at Brossard.
You should look up his injuries and what surgery he needs. He basically needs his leg to be fused with his foot to even have a normal life and he has put off the surgery for two years now. I would love Weber back but the guy needs to think about life after hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad