Who is the next 'fall guy' after Spezza?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I love how people call Spezza slow

the guy has great top speed (not so much on the acceleration) and great nobility

He does look funny when he skates but the results are there: he's pretty nimble for a big guy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love how people call Spezza slow

the guy has great top speed (not so much on the acceleration) and great nobility

He does look funny when he skates but the results are there: he's pretty nimble for a big guy

The the point. He isn't slow. But he plays like it some of the time which is what pisses people off. I think it's also cause of his injury. Which is still concerning nevertheless.

Also how the hell are all you guys up at this hour?!

I finished my bar shift so I have an excuse

Late university classes = ****ed up schedule.

Graveyard shift. Even on my nights off I keep the same schedule.

Wait, what? You work a graveyard? Have you ever seen anything supernatural?

John Holmes*

What time it is depends on where you are. I think there are a few of us outside the eastern time zone.

The top speed argument has never really made a lot of sense to me. Hockey is a game of stops and starts.

Maybe Spezza can curl at the blueline and get some speed up hoping that he gets a pass in stride, but if it doesn't connect he'll be way out of the play.

Acceleration is everything.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
We should praise our players, not rip them apart. I don't even know why there's a thread pretty much saying "who are we going to rip next" why does there need to be a next one? pathetic

SuperDuper101

May 15, 2013
It will almost certainly be Karlsson because he plays that high risk game. If he steps it up defensively a little more then perhaps he'll avoid the label.

Hemmer Time

May 4, 2014
I think it's going to be Turris. People will expect him to have 1C production and I can't see him topping 60 points if he reaches it at all. If he regresses (tougher competition) even a bit people will be calling for his head.

I know he played against top pairings for a large part of the season, but teams still focused a bit on Spezza, maybe split up their best shutdown guys. If he's alone, there'll be a lot more focus on just shutting down the Mac-Turris-Ryan line and then if they're shut down we have Zibby + Stone for production.

Might be Karlsson, but I see him improving next year. Could be Phillips if he's name captain.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
I think it's going to be Turris. People will expect him to have 1C production and I can't see him topping 60 points if he reaches it at all. If he regresses (tougher competition) even a bit people will be calling for his head.

I know he played against top pairings for a large part of the season, but teams still focused a bit on Spezza, maybe split up their best shutdown guys. If he's alone, there'll be a lot more focus on just shutting down the Mac-Turris-Ryan line and then if they're shut down we have Zibby + Stone for production.

Might be Karlsson, but I see him improving next year. Could be Phillips if he's name captain.

Turris will always be a bargain. Alot of fan angst for a player comes from "we are paying him 7M to do that" "overpaid bum" etc. How can you do that at 3.5M? He is suited to be a #2 C... If he is not properly slotted thats not on him.

Im sticking with Karlsson as my answer. Or Lehner if he doesnt become elite...

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Craig Anderson.

In fact, should Spezza be dealt, I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson dealt as well.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't even know why there's a thread pretty much saying "who are we going to rip next"

1) The goal of education is, essentially, behavioural change.

2) In order to change behaviour, we must first educate on the reasons why changing a particular behaviour is beneficial. Sometimes, it is not enough to teach behavioural change, you need to illustrate why a certain behaviour is destructive (or why one behaviour is valued higher than another), and need to teach the history of that behaviour, as well as the projected outcome of the continuation of that behaviour.

3) As Canadians, sometimes this is done passive-aggressively. Hence: this thread.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's not the fans or the media who run players out of town it's the owner who wants to keep his internal budget right around the cap floor that is the cause for alarm & the more likely reason players don't want to stay or come here. Very very few teams can make the playoffs or compete for the cup with the budget differential this owner is forcing on this team. :shakehead

Karlsson2Turris*

It'll inevitably be Ryan IMO. Karlsson is consistently good offensively while Turris is always great defensively. But Ryan will be criticized for his not so strong skating+defensive game when he isn't scoring...

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Knowing Sens fans (not just here), everyone will be "that guy" at some point.

It's not the fans or the media who run players out of town it's the owner who wants to keep his internal budget right around the cap floor that is the cause for alarm & the more likely reason players don't want to stay or come here. Very very few teams can make the playoffs or compete for the cup with the budget differential this owner is forcing on this team. :shakehead

Disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad