Who is the next Chris Pronger?

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Anybody predict who the next Chris Progner will be? A big nasty dman that can do it all?

Does Martin Marincin fit the bill at all? Seems to have a bit of anasty streak along with good pffensive insticts.

The only concern is his weight, he is currently 190 pounds at 6'4.

I guess he is only 18 years old though...

Who do you think is the next Gap Toothed Warrior?

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
I know Nick Ebert! He was only playing regular high school hockey 2 years ago in NJ (Then drafted to USHL, now in OHL) I played with him in travel and against him in high school, and I must say he is a fantastic player. He has skill, grit, and determination.

Also, he scored 2 SHG on the same penalty kill once:handclap:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If you asked me this 7 years ago I woulda said Jiri Fischer :(

Out of this years draft it seems like Mayfield and Siemens are the 2 most likely guys.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
There won't be another, while the game is played how it is now.

He was developed to play a different game than is played now.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Tyler Myers.

In terms of priospects, I'd say Doubie Hamilton might have more potential than Gudbrandson of becoming a Pronger type, although that is a bit of a reach.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Reinhart might be the only guy on the current radar anywhere that could be close IMO.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Agreed with the people who said Reinhart. Hes the only person who plays anything like him, Jones could be, but he'll likely be a Chara since its not unlikely to imagine he'll be 6'11 or 7' by the time he reaches the NHL.

Ebert is definitely not a Pronger. Hes a high octane offensive defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad