NFL: Who is the most notable QB you'd rank Mahomes ahead of for career performance?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm assuming you mean current players?

Tom Brady
Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybe Ben Roethlisberger

Other than that, I really don't think there's anyone who can compare.
You know what? Screw it, I am gonna say it.

Patrick Mahomes is a better QB than Tom Brady. Tom Brady's TEAM accomplishment should not cloud the fact that Mahomes is better in every way in terms of skills.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

Patrick Mahomes is a better QB than Tom Brady. Tom Brady's TEAM accomplishment should not cloud the fact that Mahomes is better in every way in terms of skills.
The thread was more geared toward career performance, in which you can't deny Brady's career achievements. He's got more Super Bowls than Mahomes has even been in the league.

At this point in their careers I'd agree that Mahomes is physically better, he's obviously a better runner than Brady's ever been and has youth on his side. But from a football IQ stand-point and overall knowledge and/or vision I'm not so sure I'd automatically give it to Mahomes quite yet.

member 157595

In terms of physical skills, sure. There are tons of QB's more physically gifted than Tom Brady.

Physical skills are just one component of what makes a QB great, however, and if you're going to tell me you think Mahomes' football IQ is greater than Brady's, well, there's no point in continuing this discussion.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
In terms of physical skills, sure. There are tons of QB's more physically gifted than Tom Brady.

Physical skills are just one component of what makes a QB great, however, and if you're going to tell me you think Mahomes' football IQ is greater than Brady's, well, there's no point in continuing this discussion.
Football IQ?

OH you mean Bill Belichick's coaching. Ok I see how you could make that mistake.
The thread was more geared toward career performance, in which you can't deny Brady's career achievements. He's got more Super Bowls than Mahomes has even been in the league.

At this point in their careers I'd agree that Mahomes is physically better, he's obviously a better runner than Brady's ever been and has youth on his side. But from a football IQ stand-point and overall knowledge and/or vision I'm not so sure I'd automatically give it to Mahomes quite yet.

Superbowl wins are individual achievements? I see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad