Who is the fan favourite right now?

Who is the fan favourite

• Total voters

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I picked Rielly, shown a lot of class during tough times. Sandin will soon be one of the favourites. Marner and Matthews lost my respect for not doing the team any favours with their contracts.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

v4karuna

Apr 23, 2015
It's funny how money ruins things sometimes. I don't have the same level of excitement as I did 3 years ago and it sucks AM and Marner did not take a discount.

I voted JT as he turned down bigger contracts/term and took a lot of critism to come play for his childhood team.

I hope the leafs win a couple of rounds with this group otherwise it'll be bitter disappointment.

GLG

Reactions: Stamkos4life

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Rielly's been through the bad and the good, never complains, never shirks responsibility, by all accounts his teammates have loved him from bantam to now. Shows up and does his job with a smile. Stands up for what he believes in in the community. Drafting him was the first step we made walking out of our 40 days in the desert. Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
For the fans here with kids of their own. How did you communicate the Matthews situation?

Would you say exactly what he did, or sorta blur the truth so you can keep their respective image of Matthews in pristine condition?

I would tell the truth.

And the very simple truth is every single person has something or things they do or say that can get them into trouble. Nobody on earth is immune to this while most people will also never have their issues revealed to the public at large. And I would expect you to levy out the same amount of forgiveness to them that you would hope for while being in the same situation (which you probably will at some point to some degree).

If would probably also focus more on what my main problem with this situation would have been. Not the dumb drunk antics of mostly harmless boys with too much time. But the aftermath where while sober he didnt follow up his mistake by owning up to it with the people he absolutely needed to.

If every person on earth had their dirty laundry, skeletons and impure thoughts aired for all the public to see, not a single person on this planet would have nor be a role model to anybody else. Lesson number 2 would be do your best not to be a hypocrite and stay off your high horse.

Reactions: Kazinski

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
I think i will enjoy this team as a collective compaired to other years rosters.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Rielly's been through the bad and the good, never complains, never shirks responsibility, by all accounts his teammates have loved him from bantam to now. Shows up and does his job with a smile. Stands up for what he believes in in the community. Drafting him was the first step we made walking out of our 40 days in the desert. Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Rielly for C?

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Rielly and Muzzin. Rielly has been a soldier since coming here and has quietly been a top dman for years. Muzzin is exactly what this team has lacked for far too long. Hes big, he hits, has some offense to his game, plays defense etc. He does everything. I'm really hoping he signs long-term. He should be the top priority going into next summer.
Muzzin is a little old school in that he isn’t some one track specialized robot trained for his future in a certain role.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
For the fans here with kids of their own. How did you communicate the Matthews situation?

Would you say exactly what he did, or sorta blur the truth so you can keep their respective image of Matthews in pristine condition?
I told them the exact situation and reminded them not to rush to judgement on an alligation. I also told them that people are responsible for their own actions. I am the Matthews fan in my family. My daughter like Morgan.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
JT for coming home. Rielly turned into a really fine young man and hockey player that I enjoy. Also my captain choices.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
At this point and personally, Rielly is my favorite. Marner fell down from the #1 spot over the contract negotiations, and Matthews due to his recent debacle. I also love Muzzin, but he's too short-term. Nylander after that.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I have no idea what Marner did to leave a bad taste if everyone's mouth.

Was it that his agent negotiated too good of a contract for him?

Weird not to like someone for that reason.

Rangers fans must hate Panarin.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Matthews, Hyman, Moore would be at the top but could easily be replaced by the guy that fights.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Its disappointing how these guys arent who we thought they were... Top 3 turned out to be selfish and immature. I'd go with Reilly, Tavares, Muzzin, Hyman they seem like they have just as much quality off the ice as on.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Simple. Teach them that athletes are not good role models.

My kids grew up in the US where football and basketball are prominent so it wasn’t difficult to give them examples of bad behaviour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad