Who is the fan favourite right now?

Who is the fan favourite

• Total voters

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Still Marner followed by JT, Dermott and Rielly for me, but Sandin might move up soon.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
For the fans here with kids of their own. How did you communicate the Matthews situation?

Would you say exactly what he did, or sorta blur the truth so you can keep their respective image of Matthews in pristine condition?

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
For the fans here with kids of their own. How did you communicate the Matthews situation?

Would you say exactly what he did, or sorta blur the truth so you can keep their respective image of Matthews in pristine condition?

I think you tell it as it is. And tell them Matthews messed up real bad. The sooner that kids realize that most athletes aren't great role models the better

Reactions: blueberrie

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Either Tavares, the elite number one centre who came home, or Rielly, the longest tenured Leaf who's been through it all and developed into a number one defenseman. Rielly is my favourite Leaf right now but if I had to put money on it I'd say it's Tavares who's the fan favourite amongst the majority of Leafs fans.

Nylander still has the stink of last year's negotiations and subsequent poor season on him. Marner's greed during his negotiations for a new contract definitely soured people on him despite the fact that he's an Ontario boy. This situation Matthews has caused for himself as done no favours for his public image. Andersen has never been close to the favourite, though that's just due to the nature of his position and demeanour and not some off ice scandal.

It's actually kind of a shame that the entirety of our Big Three now has this kind of odour on all of them. It's all self-inflicted though so they won't get too much sympathy. It'll take time and great on ice performances from all of them (which they're all capable of) to get people back fully on their sides but this will all pass and their reputations will be no worse for wear.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
No Muzzin option?

Uncle Leo is still up there for me followed by Ron Hainsey.

No seriously. Those are my choices. I do like Rielly, but not as much as the people I mentioned.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

I don't understand. Why don't you just be a role model yourself, and tell your kid that Matthews is not a role model.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK

I would tell them the facts when those facts have been established. He's a young adult who had a lapse in judgement (two really) and we hope he will grow from the experience. It's ok for kids to know that hockey players, like all people, are not perfect.
On the ice he's pretty close to it, off the ice he has some work to do like most of us do.

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Rielly and Muzzin. Rielly has been a soldier since coming here and has quietly been a top dman for years. Muzzin is exactly what this team has lacked for far too long. Hes big, he hits, has some offense to his game, plays defense etc. He does everything. I'm really hoping he signs long-term. He should be the top priority going into next summer.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

Compared to all the inexplicable sh!t that happens in our world gone mad, this is an easy one for me.

I just told my son’s this is one of the ways too much alcohol makes you dumb and not in control. It’s also a lesson in consequences and taking responsibility.

I hate that our kids are having their childhoods taken from them because of the hyper negative world we live in. I hate that my 8 year old knows the smell of weed because he smells it when he’s playing baseball at the park outside constantly ...

In the grand scheme of things Matthews brain fart is one of the easier things to explain and an actually useful learning moment.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Somewhat disappointed in all of Matthews, Nylander and Marner at the moment. Too bad really as they had everything going for them and tossed aside a ton of goodwill.

Reactions: illusory

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017

I said " you know that crazy woman on CNN with the long neck who spouts conspiracies ? Well Auston had a few to many pops and showed his butt to a person like her and the cops , just like the imbeciles who follow what that long neck says got mad and are making Auston go to court to get at his money"

So....as you can expect they don't care!!!

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
It's still AM for me.
The question wasn't who is the best player.
It was who is the fan favourite.
And for me nothing gets me more fired up than a top cheese one timer from matty.

Best player on the team is a toss up between JT and Rielly

Reactions: ToMaLe

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Matthews before and Matthews after for me. Of course im disappointed in his stupidity like everyone is, and it definitely shouldn't be brushed under the rug. But this is not something that should stop you enjoying his on ice work, if people can forgive kane punching a guy in the head or O'Reilly driving into a tim hortons then there is even less reason to jump off the Matthews train

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
The negotiations soured marner a tiny bit for me but I already know the second he scoring ridiculous goals i wont care anymore. I think im rooting for nylander the most because last season was definitely hard on him and Id love to see him get that swag back. You can tell how bad he wants to prove himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad