Who is the fan favourite right now?

Who is the fan favourite

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews AINEC!

As far as the secondary cast goes, I've taken quite a liking to Trevor Moore lately.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
As a neutral fan, the player who I see the most consistent appreciation and the least criticism for is Morgan Rielly.

If I was a Leafs fan, my guy would have been JT the day he signed that contract.
May have helped the cap situation too....

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Lost respect for Marner... and his jerk father Paul. Out of all the rfa holdouts he milked the team for every last penny... showing us he cares more about the money than winning. Matthews too although he is closer to the value. Its just a shame that every other team with rfas to sign were able to get a reasonable caphit from their guys and have some left over to bolster the supporting cast.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Lost respect for Marner... and his jerk father Paul. Out of all the rfa holdouts he milked the team for every last penny... showing us he cares more about the money than winning. Matthews too although he is closer to the value. Its just a shame that every other team with rfas to sign were able to get a reasonable caphit from their guys and have some left over to bolster the supporting cast.
What I don't understand is hate for Matthews contract. If it is too high, it isn't because he held out, or threatened anything. He signed much earlier than he had to, which almost by definition means he left money on the table.

Reactions: saffronleaf

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
What I don't understand is hate for Matthews contract. If it is too high, it isn't because he held out, or threatened anything. He signed much earlier than he had to, which almost by definition means he left money on the table.
yep. imo Matthews will easily play up to his value and as a generational player would be able to get more. Marner knew exactly how much money we had leftover and made sure to grab every last penny... and the guy isnt even a centre. He better keep up this 90 point pace or the criticism will rain down

Reactions: saffronleaf and kb

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Matthews, Rielly, Moore, Andersen.

Marner will forever have a star around his name for me.

Sandin will be a favourite soon as long as he doesn't make too many passes in front of his net haha

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011

Matthews is worth what he got, wish the term was longer. If we didn't sign that many teams would have offer sheeted him for more. He had all the leverage. With Marner's contract, Dubas had all the leverage.

Reactions: saffronleaf and kb

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Real G's like Tavares and Rielly. Matthews, Marner & Nylander are kids who think they are entitled to their entitlements so thats a turnoff for me.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Matthews is worth what he got, wish the term was longer. If we didn't sign that many teams would have offer sheeted him for more. He had all the leverage. With Marner's contract, Dubas had all the leverage.
That's exactly it.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad