Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #9 prospect?

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
Canucks management pretty high on Andersson. Look for him to play with Corrado next year in Utica.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Andersson has bottom-pairing upside from what I've seen. Mallet basically has shown 4th line upside to date. I'm surprised they're garnering so many votes when players like Hutton, Tommernes, Cannata, Blomstrand, and Labate are still on the board. Seriously, why Mallet? I really do not see it.

For reference Alex Friesen, who everyone seems to have forgotten had a better season than Alex Mallet last year, and that makes Mallet a top 10 prospect?

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Looks like the split votes on Hutton and Tommernes are going to allow Mallet to win this. Voted Andersson, seems like he'll become a quiet solid defender. Hutton and Tommernes may have higher upside but my guess is that Andersson is the better bet to make it.

Has Archibald improved his skating to where it needs to be for the NHL?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Mallet (I have hope for him too) had 1assist in 19 AHL games this past season.

Anyone voting him on doing so purely on a development camp SCRIMMAGE. It's crazy to me.

We've already seen Archibald progress through that level and score at a 20 goal pace at the AHL level, like MS already said.

No kidding! Mallet was a 'massive disappointment, why didn't we pick Severson?' until last week and that one scrimmage seems to have vaulted him past a bunch of guys into 'high-end 3rd liner in 2 years!' in a lot of minds.

Keep in mind that Archibald was an absolute standout in the 2011 rookie tourney and then spent most of the next season and a half in the ECHL. The calibre of play sucks and as an older player with pro experience he should be a standout.

ZKass The Bass

Feb 10, 2013
London
Looks like the split votes on Hutton and Tommernes are going to allow Mallet to win this. Voted Andersson, seems like he'll become a quiet solid defender. Hutton and Tommernes may have higher upside but my guess is that Andersson is the better bet to make it.

Has Archibald improved his skating to where it needs to be for the NHL?

Yes he has. He didn't rush the puck necessarily, but lightning quick on rebounds.

We'll have to wait for training camp to see if it's NHL calibre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad