Who is the Calgary Flames' best player?

Calgarybrutalist

Apr 2, 2014
Lol Brodie is better than all of them except maybe Backlund.

Brodie is good at some things like eluding forecheckers and backhand sauce breakout passes, unfortunately he has lost 20 IQ points in the last two seasons. Tkachuk turned the second line into an elite line that faces all the tough matchups and zone starts and still managed to put up almost 50 points as an 18-year-old rookie. There's no doubt who our best player is.

Vordus

May 9, 2014
Calgary
Monahan carries this team. He plays like the captain and probably should have the "C". Always the guy to step up and score the timely goal when we really need it. He's gotten bigger & stronger & harder to move off the puck. Killer shot. Also seems to be one of our only consistent forwards.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
The answer to this question might change every year, but taken over a sample size of ~3 years, I would say Gaudreau and or Brodie/Giordano. this last year it would have to be Backlund.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Monahan carries this team. He plays like the captain and probably should have the "C". Always the guy to step up and score the timely goal when we really need it. He's gotten bigger & stronger & harder to move off the puck. Killer shot. Also seems to be one of our only consistent forwards.

I'm sorry, what's that? He's been one of the streakiest flames. He only had like 8 points in his first 23 games. The year before he was equally inconsistent.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. Gaudreau
2. Gio/Brodie
4. Monahan
5. Backlund
6. Hamilton
7. Tkachuk

That's how I'd rank our core as of today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad