Who is the best Short player after Kane in the next 5 years?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Marner is skinny but not short. Short players would be 5'9''and under IMO.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Gaudreau

Then after him a toss up between Konecny, Keller, and players not yet drafted like Yamamoto.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Marner "short?"

Not really.

But he'll still easily be the best out of the names mentioned in this thread, and is better than most of the names mentioned.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Marner "short?"

Not really.

But he'll still easily be the best out of the names mentioned in this thread, and is better than most of the names mentioned.

So how is that related to the thread?

Crosby is not short and he's better than all of the players named in this thread. Just really felt the need to put it out there. The other day there was a thread about who was the best rookie defensemen, even though Marner is not a defensemen, I still thought to myself "why not mention Marner in this thread too" because even though he's not a defensemen he's still Marner after all.

So to answer the question, it's probably Gaudreau

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Kane is 5'11. If short is anyone under 6'0, then Crosby. Kucherov is also 5'11, and he is probably still going to be better than Marner and Gaudreau. Maybe Giroux.

I think the OP is really getting at small players, not short. So guys under 180 lbs.

If we really are talking about short players, then you want a cutoff that excludes Kane and Crosby, etc...
How about under 5'10? So Gaudreau, Atkinson, Tyler Johnson, etc... who am I forgetting?

Right now Atkinson looks like the heir to Martin St. Louis. Breaking out at age 27.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
So how is that related to the thread?

Crosby is not short and he's better than all of the players named in this thread. Just really felt the need to put it out there. The other day there was a thread about who was the best rookie defensemen, even though Marner is not a defensemen, I still thought to myself "why not mention Marner in this thread too" because even though he's not a defensemen he's still Marner after all.

So to answer the question, it's probably Gaudreau

Lol he mentioned him because lots of people in this thread already have mentioned Marner as a short player.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Marner "short?"

Not really.

Marner 'easily' better than Gaudreau? Lol ok. Let's wait and see if he can break 60 points before claiming he'll be easily better than one of the league's best wingers.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Marner 'easily' better than Gaudreau? Lol ok. Let's wait and see if he can break 60 points before claiming he'll be easily better than one of the league's best wingers.

I'm not sure he'll do that this season, however by the time he is Gaudreau's age I would not be surprised if he was a better player. He's already better defensively and his offensive potential is atleast where Gaudreau is at.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm not sure he'll do that this season, however by the time he is Gaudreau's age I would not be surprised if he was a better player. He's already better defensively and his offensive potential is atleast where Gaudreau is at.

Could he be as good as Gaudreau? It's possible. But he's still a long way from that.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I honestly don't consider anything above 5'9" to be short, I just consider it below average.

Gaudreau is the obvious answer here, though I'm extremely high on Yamamoto and I think he's going to be a great player in this league.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
In the next 5 years Nick Petan. He had just finally figured it out when he got hurt for the Jets. Kids going to be unreal.

Jul 6, 2016
My best guess is Gaudreau. Marner, Drouin, and Zuccarello are all candidates as well. Petan is a smaller player from the Jets, but I highly doubt he outperforms any of the above players over the next 5 years.

Drouin ain't "short" !

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I find it hard to believe Kane is taller than 5'9"

patrick-kane-cinco-de-mayo.jpg

Like, that girl on his left looks like a typical average 5'4" heighted girl, and the one on the right a few inches taller. She doesn't look like she's 5'10", which is what we'd extrapolate if Kane was realyl 5'11"

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I find it hard to believe Kane is taller than 5'9"

patrick-kane-cinco-de-mayo.jpg

Like, that girl on his left looks like a typical average 5'4" heighted girl, and the one on the right a few inches taller. She doesn't look like she's 5'10", which is what we'd extrapolate if Kane was realyl 5'11"

Off topic but the guy in the back looks so bitter Kane is getting all the attention from the girls :laugh:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He's 5'11'', an inch shorter than Marner who others are posting. Which to me means, people are viewing this "short" thing as more of a skinny/small in stature rather than how tall people are.

Lol ya, I have no idea what half the posters on this thread are talking about.

5'11-6'1 is average, 6'2 and over is tall, 5'10 is below average and anything under is short.

5'9 and shorter is short. How people are referring to 5'11 as short is beyond me.

People are getting skinny/small mixed with short.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00