Who is the best Short player after Kane in the next 5 years?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I don't consider 5'11" short, even by NHL standards.

To me shorter NHL guys are under 5'10" and the answer to your question would be Johnny Gaudreau, Cam Atkinson &/or Clayton Keller.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
The thing about the rest of the small players is their really just Offesnive Dyanmos (apart from Marchand), for that Reason i choose Marner.

He's an offensive dynamo, but also plays amazing defensive game, blocks shots, and never ever shy's away from contact. It's really amazing how he went from, will he make the NHL... to will he make the All-Star team.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Brad Marchand. Pretty easy when you think about short players. Kucherov, Marchand and Johnny Hockey all should top the lists.

Marchand is build like a tank. Not small at all. Height gets overrated when weight is a much bigger factor. Though I realize the thread title says short, I still think Marchand is out of place here.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I feel like a lot of the legends have been around the 5'11-6'0 range, so how about people stop calling these players short and making it sound like it affects their ability to play the game in any way or form, because it ****ing does not.

Aug 3, 2010
Out of skates, Gaudreau is 5'7"-5'8", maximum.
You don't get to the NHL at his size without outstanding talent in several categories (hands, IQ, edge skating.)

Needless to say, Nugent-Hopkins has my vote.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lmao, do you guys know what short means? Why are people listing guys like Kucherov and RNH who are no shorter than Giroux, Crosby and Tavares, Sakic, Yzerman, Alfredsson, GRETZKY, etc... 5'11 isn't short. It's probably right near the average.

Are people getting skinny mixed with short?

The only answer for this thread is Gaudreau cause he's actually short and he's a superstar.

Patrick Kane himself really isn't short anyway. Short would be Gionta, St. Louis, Cammalleri, Marchand

Last edited:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Out of skates, Gaudreau is 5'7"-5'8", maximum.
You don't get to the NHL at his size without outstanding talent in several categories (hands, IQ, edge skating.)

Needless to say, Nugent-Hopkins has my vote.

Hopkins isn't short tho he's 6 foot. Pretty average for a hockey player

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Lmao, do you guys know what short means? Why are people listing guys like Kucherov and RNH who are no shorter than Giroux, Crosby and Tavares, Sakic, Yzerman, Alfredsson, GRETZKY, etc... 5'11 isn't short. It's probably right near the average.

Are people getting skinny mixed with short?

5'11 is average for European male but it's not the average in NHL.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Honestly surprised there is not more Crosby. I think he will still be a top player for the next 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad