Who is the best Short player after Kane in the next 5 years?

delled

Oct 3, 2009
It's between Gaudreau and Marner.

Who else is 3 apples high and in contention? I don't know what the proper cut off height is, as you can't even trust weights reported on websites, they vary so much.

Also I think it's important to state that is a very good thing, that's there's more than a few guys in contention. Criticize the league all you want, but to see more talent entering the league regardless of being a physical specimen or not is a better thing talent and entertainment-wise.

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
Might not be accurate, but Mitch Marner is listed as 6'0".

I always thought the Marner and Kane comparisons were more style based than stature. Kane isn't really that short either.

Gaudreau is definitely the best now and in the future if we're talking about unusually short NHL players.

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
Probably his linemate Alex DeBrincat. He put up 50 playing with Dylan Strome for gods sake.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Might not be accurate, but Mitch Marner is listed as 6'0".

I always thought the Marner and Kane comparisons were more style based than stature. Kane isn't really that short either.

Gaudreau is definitely the best now and in the future if we're talking about unusually short NHL players.

Yeah Gaudreau would be the answer here. Kane is 5'11, same with Marner I thought but he's listed as 6'0 now. I can't think of another elite player listed 5'9 or shorter right now like Gaudreau. 5'11 while shorter than average, I would not consider unusually small in the NHL.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
My best guess is Gaudreau. Marner, Drouin, and Zuccarello are all candidates as well. Petan is a smaller player from the Jets, but I highly doubt he outperforms any of the above players over the next 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00