Who is the BEST out of shape player of alltime?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Ovechkin

One of the greatest players of all time. Greatest goal scorer of all time. And for most of his career he's had a legit beer belly. Buff was prob the fattest NHLer I've ever seen. But to answer the OP, the BEST out of shape player, it has to be OV.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Seeing him in person, I wanna say Ovi at his heaviest was like 260-280. Absolute tank.
Ovechkin is not out of shape. Too many people have a misguided understanding of what an athlete's body should look like.

As one can see with Emelianenko's body - posted above - there are different athletic body types and they're not all ripped.

The fact of the matter is that Ovechkin plays many minutes, does not get tired, and barely misses games. He's in amazing shape.
You clearly dont understand what being out of shape means. Ovie and Emilianenko are plain and simply fat. There are no ways around that. Doesnt take anything away from them as athletes. But they are fat as hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Not a superstar, but Bryan Erickson doesn't look much like a NHL player:

4962-294Fr.jpg

50-point season in 1986-87 while playing for Kings.

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Not a superstar, but Bryan Erickson doesn't look much like a NHL player:

4962-294Fr.jpg

50-point season in 1986-87 while playing for Kings.

lol jesus. To be fair, 50 points in 86-87 is like 20 now.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Big Buff looks like he ate half the players being listed here and then polished them off with a side of fries, milkshake, and a full Christmas fruit cake.

Some say that’s where Sergei Samsonov went. Went into a corner together, Big Buff absorbed him majin buu style- and now there’s no more Samsonov.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Hell if I was a multi millionaire pro athelete, I wouldn't care about abs either.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Ovechkin is not out of shape. Too many people have a misguided understanding of what an athlete's body should look like.

As one can see with Emelianenko's body - posted above - there are different athletic body types and they're not all ripped.

The fact of the matter is that Ovechkin plays many minutes, does not get tired, and barely misses games. He's in amazing shape.

Floating around and not backchecking is a part of this.

This is not intended to start some argument about anything but it is the truth.

Fact of the matter is I don't know whether he's in shape or not but I do know that playing many minutes and not getting tired can have multiple reasons.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Mario Lemieux I'd say. He may not look out of shape when he was playing, but he loved to mentioned in summers how he never worked out and drank wine and ate hot dogs.

Yeah I remember that too. But I think he started hitting the gym after his back started giving him problems. Still when he was at his best he wasn't hitting the gym.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad