News Article: Who is the best goalie in the NHL? Hint...he plays for the Rangers...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I wish for nothing more than Carey Price to fail this year so I never have to hear about how ****ing awesome he is ever again.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
I wish for nothing more than Carey Price to fail this year so I never have to hear about how ****ing awesome he is ever again.

He's a damn good goalie. If he wasn't on the Habs, we wouldn't have this problem you are describing. There can only be one King:D

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
every year someone is "better" than henke and then the next season they arent. henke has been an elite goaltender every year of his career.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
every year someone is "better" than henke and then the next season they arent. henke has been an elite goaltender every year of his career.

Exactly. It's a slightly lesser version of what happened with Brodeur. By 2003, practically every full season he played was elite, but he didn't have any individual hardware. Obviously, part of that was Hasek winning every Vezina possible, but even guys like Carey, Kolzig, and Theodore had Vezinas at that point. But nobody in their right mind didn't think that Brodeur was the best, or one of the two or three best goalies in the league.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Who are all those clowns saying Rask is overrated?

Henrik took teams anchored by the likes of Roszival, Redden and Malik on the top pair into the playoffs.

Rask hasn't. Don't get me wrong, Rask is a hell of a goalie and was run into the ground last year, but he ain't ever carried a team on his back.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Henrik took teams anchored by the likes of Roszival, Redden and Malik on the top pair into the playoffs.

Rask hasn't. Don't get me wrong, Rask is a hell of a goalie and was run into the ground last year, but he ain't ever carried a team on his back.

Also Hank is handsome and Rask is really, really ugly

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Seriously. By the time we were half way through last season, the hype train was off the rails. He was having an amazing season, great for him. But The Hockey News saying he's the best PLAYER in the NHL? PLEASE! Especially with no Hank in the TOP 25!

Just last night John Buccigross (who is great for interacting with fans and pushing hockey, although his knowledge definitely isn't as great as he or his fans think) was tweeting that he thinks Quick and Price are the two best goalies in the NHL.

Hank is been so ridiculously consistent in how elite he is. Other goalies come and go with great seasons and slide back down to their averages, which Hank's averages are the other guys' peaks.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
This is why I like Travis Yost. He always puts out quality content regardless of whatever hypetrain the Canadian media likes to pump.

Henke has been the best goalie over the past 10 years, and it's not even close. It's absolutely unbelievable at how consistently awesome he's been, and how he's dragged some of the earlier Rangers teams to the playoffs.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
When someone else this era does what Hank has done consistently since 2005 then we can have a talk. Guy still has a lot left in his tank.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Also Hank is handsome and Rask is really, really ugly

EjT41z0.jpg

Lil Tuukka

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Frankly, I think he is. Great goalie for sure, but he doesn't scare me when the Rangers face him. He has a tendency to go full spaz.

Rask doesn't seem to have that mental fortitude most elite goalies have. He goes off on tangents a lot and seems to get angered really easily, which are usually hallmarks of a great goalie.

I agree that he's elite, for sure, but he just doesn't intimidate me like Carey Price does.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Could've just posted that image that NBC Sports put up last season about Lundqvist's goalie ranks since the lockout and had that be the article :laugh:

The guy just oozes consistency. We are so ****ing lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad