Who is the 10th Best Centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I know people like looking at stats, but really how is MacKinnon better than Seguin?

Less goals
Way more offensive zone starts
43% FO versus 55% for Seguin
Only 0:25PKtime/game versus 1:30 PK time/game for Seguin

So for something like 12 more assists you get a way worse Center.. but ok
I agree. I'd take Seguin over Mackinnon. Pretty easily at that. He should be in the top 10.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
What makes Barzal better than Jon Marchessault?

Nothing.

He's a shiny new toy on a team that scores a lot of goals. Marchessault has the disadvantage of playing Florida and then an expansion team so he'll get no rightful credit.

Question- Did this board take away the "LIKES" Option? Can't like any post.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Eichel is out-scoring everyone on this list on the lowest scoring team. He's 21 years old. He has 2 votes...

He averaged more points then Matthews last year too.

40% on the FO dot
60% OZ starts

To name a few reasons. This is best CENTER.. not best point producer..

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
40% on the FO dot
60% OZ starts

To name a few reasons. This is best CENTER.. not best point producer..

Yeah...and he does everything on a horrible team, Faceoffs..you gotta be kidding.

just because you don't watch the Sabres and all Dallas fan. The reason I absolutely "KNOW" if someone doesen;'t watch Eichel is when they list useless stats as a way to measure up over actually seeing his dominance.

Eichel went 14-4 in faceoffs 2 nights ago though if you want to talk about that. He DOMINATES the game from one end to the next.

Always a top transition player and elevates the game of everyone he plays with.

Look at Evander kane. He has 2 pts in 18 games after he stopped playing with Eichel.

Ever since Eichel got rid of Kane he's scored 24 points in that time.

Not enough?

How about lets look at Kyle Okposo and Zemgus Girgensons who both couldn't buy a point. 8 games with Eichel and Girgensons has suddenly scored 6 goals and 9 points,. Okposo pretty much a PPG in the last 15.

But all of this MUST Be a coincidence.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah...and he does everything on a horrible team, Faceoffs..you gotta be kidding.

just because you don't watch the Sabres and all Dallas fan. The reason I absolutely "KNOW" if someone doesen;'t watch Eichel is when they list useless stats as a way to measure up over actually seeing his dominance.

Eichel went 14-4 in faceoffs 2 nights ago though if you want to talk about that. He DOMINATES the game from one end to the next.

Always a top transition player and elevates the game of everyone he plays with.

Look at Evander kane. He has 2 pts in 18 games after he stopped playing with Eichel.

Ever since Eichel got rid of Kane he's scored 24 points in that time.

If you aren't even close to 50% on the FO dot you cant even be considered a CENTER.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
If you aren't even close to 50% on the FO dot you cant even be considered a CENTER.

I edited my post and added other reasons he's a top center. And that's stupid. Crosby was bad in his first years (as are many other greats) and scored over 100 points, get out of here with this, have you just started watching hockey? Or is it because Seguin has good faceoff numbers that makes you over-value them>? We have the best faceoff player in the league so Eichel doesen't need that,.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I edited my post and added other reasons he's a top center. And that's stupid. Crosby was bad in his first years (as are many other greats) and scored over 100 points, get out of here with this, have you just started watching hockey? Or is it because Seguin has good faceoff numbers that makes you over-value them>? We have the best faceoff player in the league so Eichel doesen't need that,.

It's my opinion when judging the best center in the league, thats all. You can look at points.. I look at overall game. Points, faceoffs, pk, defensively, offensively, impact on the game, etc. etc.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
It's my opinion when judging the best center in the league, thats all. You can look at points.. I look at overall game. Points, faceoffs, pk, defensively, offensively, impact on the game, etc. etc.

And Eichel's overall game....is pretty darn good. Look it's fine if that;s your criteria but your argument is weak because you used two of the least relevant points to make your point. Is all.

Seguin and Getzlaf I'd rate over Eichel (right now anyway) not sure why they're still on this list.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
gonna continue to vote for the guy with the most ES goals in the league since he came into the league.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
As I said it's combination of things. Matthews is not very effective PP player, does not play PK. As far as Nylander goes, last season almost half his points were PP points. Thats not the case with Getz, Barkov or Seguin. They are effective both 5v5 and PP. (and Barkov is on of the best PK player in the league)

not effective? he plays on the 2nd unit.
He is more effective at ES than all of the guys you list, convenient leaving that out

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Basing it on this year alone??

How the hell is Getzlaf ahead of Matthews

Hf is embarrassing sometimes

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Scanned the list. Didn't see Matthews or Eichel in the top 10. No wonder you guys only have 3 pages.

What a shit show

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Thank you, it's nice to see people are starting to realize how good Jack is.

My TOP TEN for the Record RIGHT NOW...not all time or anything else...

I have to include more then ten actually so I'll just say some are tied.

These are the mini tiers I'd put them in too, no one is going to agree but just how I see it.

McDavid/Crosby
Stamkos/Malkin
Kopitar/Bergeron
Getzlaf/Seguin/Tavares
Sheifele/Eichel.Matthews,Barkov
Mackinnon, Backstrom, Kuznetsov
Draisaitl
Monahan, Coutourier, Barzal, Toews
Horvat, Turris
Johansen,
Duchene (LOL)

Galchenyuk/Drouin

SO yeah I guess he's borderline tenth.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Basing it on this year alone??

How the hell is Getzlaf ahead of Matthews

Hf is embarrassing sometimes

Watch the playoffs earlier this year (which is still in the last 12 months?)

One of the best playoffs from a forward that never reached the finals in NHL history. And not just in points.

B-E-A-S-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad