6. Steven Stamkos
  7. Anze Kopitar
  8. Nathan MacKinnon
  9. Mark Scheifele
  10. ???
Thanks to everyone who has been voting!

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It's close between Getzlaf and Seguin, I went with Getzlaf but am fine with Seguin.

Don't think anyone else is really that close or in contention.

Edit: sorry missed Barkov. I think he could be in the mix as well but for me he would be 3rd in line after those two.

Reactions: Kcb12345

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
LOL Getzlaf has 7 goals. Let that sink in. Seguin is 4th on his team in points and Barkov is third. Matthews is leading a top team in goals and points despite missing 10 games.

It's Matthews AINEC. It's not his fault that Babcock is trying to hold back his numbers by not giving him adequate power-play time. Remember Morgan Rielly last year???

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Matthews deserves a top 10 spot for his ES dominance imo. he's got more 5v5 goals than Getzlaf and Seguin combined

Who cares. More even strength goals doesn't automatically make you better than 2 players who have been for the most part consistently outstanding for their careers. Barkov is also above Matthews imo. Getzlaf-Seguin-Barkov should be the next 3. Arguably Seguin-Getzlaf-Barkov

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
There are more than 5v5 and when you combine everything together Matthews doesn't deserve top 10 spot.

Voted Getzlaf, Seguin and Barkov next.
there's more, but considering Matthews is a top 3 player at 5v5 I'd say it weighs more heavily and he deserves a top 10 spot. feel free to disagree if you value different aspects of hockey differently from me

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
LOL Getzlaf has 7 goals. Let that sink in. Seguin is 4th on his team in points. Gives your heads a shake.

It's Matthews AINEC. It's not his fault that Babcock is trying to hold back his numbers by not giving him adequate power-play time. Remember Morgan Rielly last year???

Typical Leafs fan who thinks it's all about goals and points. Fails to mention Seguin leads Dallas in goals with 26. If you're going to point out Getzlaf's goal numbers, at least point out Seguins too.

Reactions: Master P

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Who cares. More even strength goals doesn't automatically make you better than 2 players who have been for the most part consistently outstanding for their careers. Barkov is also above Matthews imo. Getzlaf-Seguin-Barkov should be the next 3. Arguably Seguin-Getzlaf-Barkov
that's fine, we don't have to have the same opinion. I value being a top 5v5 player this year more than being a good player in previous years

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
there's more, but considering Matthews is a top 3 player at 5v5 I'd say it weighs more heavily and he deserves a top 10 spot. feel free to disagree if you value different aspects of hockey differently from me

With that argument then you're saying Draisaitl should be top 10 too?

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Remember when Nylander wasn't good, since he got many of his points on the PP.
As I said it's combination of things. Matthews is not very effective PP player, does not play PK. As far as Nylander goes, last season almost half his points were PP points. Thats not the case with Getz, Barkov or Seguin. They are effective both 5v5 and PP. (and Barkov is on of the best PK player in the league)

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
yea Barkov is also a top 10 caliber center imo

Absolutely, I'd rank him above both Nate and Stamkos. Stamkos is purely an offensive center and has 63.5% zone starts. That's insane. Whereas Nate has underperformed for years and this is the first one where he's living up to his potential.

Barkov and Matthews both deserve to be in the top 10 and Stamkos and Nate out.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getzlaf. He definitely should be ahead of MacKinnon and Scheifele too.

Matthews deserves a top 10 spot for his ES dominance imo. he's got more 5v5 goals than Getzlaf and Seguin combined

Getzlaf is a pass first player. If goals are all that’s important does that mean Jeff Carters best year was better than Joe Thornton’s best year?

Edit: Getzlaf is playing at a 19 goal, 71 assist pace. He’s the biggest reason Rakell is now a 30 goal scorer and makes everyone around him better. Just because he’s never put up huge goal numbers doesn’t mean he’s not one of the best offensive players in the league.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Getzlaf is a pass first player. If goals are all that’s important does that mean Jeff Carters best year was better than Joe Thornton’s best year?

Edit: Getzlaf is playing at a 19 goal, 71 assist pace. He’s the biggest reason Rakell is now a 30 goal scorer and makes everyone around him better. Just because he’s never put up huge goal numbers doesn’t mean he’s not one of the best offensive players in the league.
well to be completely honest, if we put in everyone who deserves to be considered a top 10 center there would be more than 10 names on the list. When you get down past the obvious names, it gets down to personal preference. I like Getzlaf a lot but I take Matthews by a hair

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Getzlaf, Matthews, Backstrom(considering past play, not necessarily this season), Barkov could all go here IMO. Went with Getzlaf as I see him the most.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Dude who is ~PPG in a 10 year career and was 4th in pts and top 10 in both hart and Selke voting literally less than 1 year ago isn't a top 10 C anymore because of an average 40 game stretch.. Lol.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
The choice was between Seguin and Eichel for me. I love what Couturier has done this season, too. Truly a complete hockey player.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

He's still a dominant player. I am voting for him here. And I would not disagree, he is very close to Scheifele and Mackinnon. Terrific player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad