Who is the 10th Best Centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Dude who is ~PPG in a 10 year career and was 4th in pts and top 10 in both hart and Selke voting literally less than 1 year ago isn't a top 10 C anymore because of an average 40 game stretch.. Lol.
Tough life. Would be easier if there weren't other players in the league.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dude who is ~PPG in a 10 year career and was 4th in pts and top 10 in both hart and Selke voting literally less than 1 year ago isn't a top 10 C anymore because of an average 40 game stretch.. Lol.
Backstrom is 100% underrated. Unfortunately HF boards, and in particular the polls section, has a very "what have you done for me lately" mindset.

That said, I have voted for Getzlaf the last 2 polls. Assuming Getz wins this one, Backstrom is up next IMO.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
there's more, but considering Matthews is a top 3 player at 5v5 I'd say it weighs more heavily and he deserves a top 10 spot. feel free to disagree if you value different aspects of hockey differently from me

I'm sure you coincidentally don't value PP or PK highly and it has noothing to with Matthews

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
People talking about Getzlaf's goal totals as if that's some kind of reason to leave him out of a top 10 center list have very clearly not watched him on any kind of a regular basis

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
People talking about Getzlaf's goal totals as if that's some kind of reason to leave him out of a top 10 center list have very clearly not watched him on any kind of a regular basis

Don't be so hard on them. By the time 10 o'clock rolls around (7 Pacific), they're already brushing their teeth and putting on their jammies.

Western conference fans know that Getzlaf has been one of the league's best centres for a good 10 years now. I'll pick the guy with that kind of proven track record over any of these "what have you done for me lately?" options.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
5v5 is played for the vast majority of the game and Matthews is the best 5v5 player on this list. It's him easily. Leading the league in ES goals since he joined the league by almost 10. Is a +25 despite going against top lines most nights.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Why is everyone bringing up past seasons and career numbers all of a sudden? That certainly wasn’t the case with the previous 9. And if career achievements are being included in decision making you’d think Toews would have at least one vote.

Reactions: SotasicA

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Why is everyone bringing up past seasons and career numbers all of a sudden? That certainly wasn’t the case with the previous 9. And if career achievements are being included in decision making you’d think Toews would have at least one vote.

Getzlaf is currently having the better season

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
When did Seguin become so underrated?

My thoughts exactly. Also a lot of these centers come down to personal preference or are too similar to compare. There's no true accurate ranking outside of the obvious ones (Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, Etc.)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My thoughts exactly. Also a lot of these centers come down to personal preference or are too similar to compare. There's no true accurate ranking outside of the obvious ones (Crosby, Malkin, McDavid, Etc.)

I know people like looking at stats, but really how is MacKinnon better than Seguin?

Less goals
Way more offensive zone starts
43% FO versus 55% for Seguin
Only 0:25PKtime/game versus 1:30 PK time/game for Seguin

So for something like 12 more assists you get a way worse Center.. but ok

Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad