HF Habs: Who is safe if we blow it all up?

Who do you think is safe to stay?

• Total voters

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
It needs to be blown up...............start at the top and work your way down.

Money Mol$on needs to lead the way, and get out of a hockey position. Once that happens, open the floodgates. It's been a long, long time since we have been a well run franchise.

This. Molson needs to stay away from hockey ops decisions and remove himself from that position, hire someone that is qualified. He needs act as an owner only.

Reactions: BLONG7

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
You really only need to trade Tatar, Petry, Kovalchuk and Byron. Get rid of Weal, Folin, Kinkaid. Hope to get a top-5 pick.

Start next year with Ducharme as head coach. No need to do anything crazy

Reactions: ItzaGreat and Gains

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The three young centers and that's it. Our D are not very good. Mete and Fleury are "good for their age". KK, Poehling and Suzuki are the only guys I wouldn't move. Poehling is intriguing enough to hold on to for a few years. KK and Suzuki are building blocks. The rest can be moved in rebuild or hockey trades. Gallagher will break in the next few years. Nobody else fits the age of our next core.
I would also hang on to Primeau

Reactions: Habano

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Bergevin because he's not really a GM; he's a politician there to help Molson make as much money as possible while skimping on expenses, investment, and risk. Price because of his contract, and because he is needed for MB to be able to sell the "anything can happen" narrative to the fans. With these two pieces in place, Molson can pinch every penny while the cash continues to roll in.
Molson has liked hockey since he was a kid . If you think it' s just a money thing , you are totally wrong .
Do you have any idea how much the playoffs run are gold for the teams ?
Your comment doesn't make sens at all because if Molson would only think about money , playoffs are the best way to gain a max.

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
You really only need to trade Tatar, Petry, Kovalchuk and Byron. Get rid of Weal, Folin, Kinkaid. Hope to get a top-5 pick.

Start next year with Ducharme as head coach. No need to do anything crazy
Yes,Ducharme is a proven winner ...won the Memorial cup in 2013 as head coach of Halifax and won a gold medal for Team Canada in 2018 as head coach,another coach with a winning track record Benoit Groulx took the Olympiques to the Memorial cup 4 times and won a gold medal for Team Canada in 2015 and has coached many years in the AHL.

Reactions: montreal

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That's a really well crafted poll. Very interesting results: Kulak isn't safe even if we're not blowing it all up. :D

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Keepers from the list:
Mete
Chiarot (assuming Weber will be traded)
Suzuki
Poehling
KK
Drouin
Armia

Bit torn on Lehks, as I don't think any return we'd get for him will offset what he provides for his cap hit.

Reactions: Habano

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Keepers from the list:
Mete
Chiarot (assuming Weber will be traded)
Suzuki
Poehling
KK
Drouin
Armia

Bit torn on Lehks, as I don't think any return we'd get for him will offset what he provides for his cap hit.
I would also keep Armia among others. 26 year old big body who can skate, shoot and use his size to win puck battles. His cap hit is only 2.6 million.

Reactions: Walrus26

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I voted for Mete, KK, Suzuki and Fleury.

The rest are all available or should get the hell out of my face.
Ouch no poehling.

He may not have what Suzuki and KK have at the same age but he has good 1c low probability 2c mild probability and 3c good probability. He's not like Danault Who has 0 1c potential and limited 2c potential.

The Camera Eye

Nov 4, 2006
Sainte-Catherine
Forwards: caufield, kk, poelhing, domi, drouin, danault

D: Weber, romanov, mete, fleury

Other: Ducharme

Move all the others for picks and prospects, sign vets on 1 year deals to plug the holes. Tank this year get a top 5 pick and do the same next year.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Suzuki and literally nobody else. Not a single other person IMO

Why do you hold out on KK. The only reason I would is how Montreal has hurt his development. His projectory pre Montreal was better than his trajectory now. I think they stunted his growth playing him full time last year considering his sheltered role pre Montreal. Now they are almost doing it again this year but at least they have given him time off.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Forwards: caufield, kk, poelhing, domi, drouin, danault

D: Weber, romanov, mete, fleury

Other: Ducharme

Move all the others for picks and prospects, sign vets on 1 year deals to plug the holes. Tank this year get a top 5 pick and do the same next year.
We don't even need to sell anyone to tank, we are doing a great job already. We could get Seguin or hall up front and it wouldn't make a difference. Price needs to go to IMO. I don't care how "all-star" price can be. He's void of long periods of high intensity and prone to very frequent poor attitude combined with lazy efforts and the team in front of him is hilarious. Highly skilled shrimps... like Timmins.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Why do you hold out on KK. The only reason I would is how Montreal has hurt his development. His projectory pre Montreal was better than his trajectory now. I think they stunted his growth playing him full time last year considering his sheltered role pre Montreal. Now they are almost doing it again this year but at least they have given him time off.

They don't give a shit about player development, never have. All they care about is trying to win with a garbage lineup, and trying to look good by having lots of prospects in the lineup even if they aren't ready. But since the latter contradicts the former, the prospects they do have in the lineup hardly play. It's literally the worst thing you can do for a player's development but you think they give a shit? MB is a f***ing tool.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ouch no poehling.

He may not have what Suzuki and KK have at the same age but he has good 1c low probability 2c mild probability and 3c good probability. He's not like Danault Who has 0 1c potential and limited 2c potential.
I dont disagree, but that does not make him an untouchable. Those four guys are the pillars Id build on, Poehling is not.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Its always this way in MTL. Prospects trend up real fast and their growth is stunted once they fall into the Habs hands.

Suzuki, Danault and Gallagher are basically the only forwards that have been allowed a decent growth in the organisation.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I voted for Mete, KK, Suzuki and Fleury.

The rest are all available or should get the hell out of my face.

Pretty much this. I wouldn't be opposed to dealing anyone if the deal were right and I also don't think we need to trade the guys left off your list, but I'd definitely be entertaining proposals for all of them.

This team needs a major shakeup and since it seems like 8 years isn't enough to bring in talent I guess it is long over due to sell. I wish the GM would have made moves to build a winning team. I was a big proponent of buying over the last few years, but in all likelihood it would have just delayed the process even further.

Everything not nailed down is available.

Reactions: Scriptor

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I'm admittedly bullish on Mete... I see rafalski upside in him.

For context sake, Rafalski was 6 yrs away from his NHL debut at the same age... Even with the league skewing younger, I think Mete's performance thus far points to a very high ceiling as he physically matures.

You are high...

...on Mete.

Just an easy joke.

I don't see a Rafalski ceiling with Mete. If I thought that this was remotely possible, I'd be on the same bandwagon you're travelling with.

I don't hate Mete but, he's too vulnerable in his own zone and would never merit 2nd or 1st pairing minutes in my lineup. He'd have to significantly improve offensively to warrant perhaps getting O-zone starts and maybe PP time. Tie games, up one goal, I find him much too risky defensively.

Of course, I like his skating but, he lacks a real NHL shot and his playmaking abilities are average at best. I don't see him as a trigger on the PP, nor as a set-up man. His only real value will be moving the puck up the ice on the PP but, that usually will mean a lack of momentum as line mates wait for him to clear the blue line before trailing on the play. Not great for the set-up in the O-zone.

I hope I'm wrong as he will be cheap to re-sign and a late blossom could lead to a few years on the cheap where he helps manage the Cap and assemble a stronger team for a short-term window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad