HF Habs: Who is safe if we blow it all up?

Who do you think is safe to stay?

• Total voters

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Doubt they do much, I would be shocked if MB is fired and surprised if Julien is fired. Money bag Molson can just sit around counting his money what the f*** does he care and why pay 2 GM's, 2 HC's next year when he just has to pay one and tell the fans it could take 8 years so go f*** yourself if you don't like it.

Reactions: Tyson

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I honestly don’t think there should be a single untouchable. Maybe Kohtkaniemi and Romanov because they’re young with loads of potential but that’s it. It should be a fire sale at this point. 3 years of this crap.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I'm admittedly bullish on Mete... I see rafalski upside in him.

For context sake, Rafalski was 6 yrs away from his NHL debut at the same age... Even with the league skewing younger, I think Mete's performance thus far points to a very high ceiling as he physically matures.
What makes you certain he is the next Rafalski and not the next normal #4-5 d?

What makes you see Rafalski upside? Genuinely curious.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It needs to be blown up...............start at the top and work your way down.

Money Mol$on needs to lead the way, and get out of a hockey position. Once that happens, open the floodgates. It's been a long, long time since we have been a well run franchise.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I honestly don’t think there should be a single untouchable. Maybe Kohtkaniemi and Romanov because they’re young with loads of potential but that’s it. It should be a fire sale at this point. 3 years of this crap.
Nobody is untouchable as far as I’m concerned. Some would require more assets in return than others but that’s about it.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I don't dislike Bergevin at all, at least since the last 2 years. He's won almost every single trade he made in my opinion. I'd keep him until he starts to do bad trades like he did before. Yes we suck this year, but I expected us to be exactly where we are today, although somewhat a bit higher in the standings. I prefer to see us loose this season than finish too high like last year anyway. I'm not in a bad mood about this season contrary to lots of folks here.

I could see us being mediocre again next year and then really start to take off as a team the following year. I know it's though and it takes a while, but this seems to be their actual plan and I'm not against it. We are in a good place to be top 5 at the draft too this year, I mean it's gotta pay off at some point, especially if we can get a first line, potential star, player in this draft. Our G is fine with Primeau, the youngster on D are promising (Romanov, Brook, Norlinder, Harris) and we have to draft forwards this year, fortunately we have lots of pick and may get some more.

I think we'll deal Petry. He will have lots of value at the deadline and we have some depth on RHD. I think we could also trade Tatar but I really like him, I wouldn't personally.

I think we're stuck with Price. It truly is a terrible contract although I don't think Price will ever be ultra bad ala Cory Schneider, so he'll keep being useful. I think Weber would have a better chance at getting traded, but management seems to see him as the pillar of our blueline, which isn't false.

Reactions: David25

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Bergevin because he's not really a GM; he's a politician there to help Molson make as much money as possible while skimping on expenses, investment, and risk. Price because of his contract, and because he is needed for MB to be able to sell the "anything can happen" narrative to the fans. With these two pieces in place, Molson can pinch every penny while the cash continues to roll in.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I love Boucher a lot, he is cerebral and emotional at the same time, but he seems to have anger issues
I want a coach with anger issues.....keeps everyone on their f***in toes......

keep

Weber
Chiarot
Fleury
Domi
KK
Suzuki
Poehling
Armia
Drouin
Gallagher
Danault

And I bring back Kovalchuk to mentor some fwds and Romanov

Reactions: McHaBFan

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Voted for the Kids but you all know who is,,,,,
Big Marc !!!!!

Jesperi is my Daddy

Jan 2, 2020
I would want to keep Kotka, Romanov, Suzuki, Caufield, Primeau, and Fleury as our young core. Keep Drouin, Domi and Gally also.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I’m glad to see Petry and Tatar where they are. We need to open up space in top 6 for a forward with size because your front 6 will have Drouin, Domi, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Caufield. Too small. Trade Petry for a Patches like return - reclamation project + top RD prospect + 2nd- or Muzzin like return. Tatar for a 1st + forward prospect with size.

BUT one of Drouin, Domi, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Caufield may have to go depending on who we draft this year, one may become expendable. That becomes another asset.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What makes you certain he is the next Rafalski and not the next normal #4-5 d?

What makes you see Rafalski upside? Genuinely curious.

No certainty, pure speculation.

Smallish dmen that excel at every level they play at have a similar adjustment period... They tend to excel BC of "IQ" & mobility, but those factors have to match & then offset the physical gap... Takes time.

Mete was a dominant player at juniors, has the work ethic to keep improving physically, emotionally & intellectually, and with time, I see him having the ability to think & skate at a level that he can be an elite NHL dman.

Rafalski took the NCAA & euro route to buy the time needed to mature physically and understand how to leverage his strengths (mobility & IQ) to offset his weaknesses (size/stature).

Game today is easier for smallish players to play, hence why Mete can manage right now... But as he matures & adapts, I think we'll see him hit another level and top out close to (not necessarily "as") the impact type player he was as a Junior.

Ryan Ellis is another compable... Took 7-8 years post draft for him to start playing at the top-pairing impact level, and he's still getting better.

Mete hit the NHL earlier than both, quite impressive that a guy his size could do that.... The offensive impact will, I bet, be exponentially better 5-6-7 yrs post draft.

Reactions: NORiculous

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
What I would like to see is an investment in developing players and winning in Laval. Fleury, Mete and Poehling sent back now and call up the likes of Alzner and Ouellet. Make sure we make the playoffs in Laval so we can send Suzuki and KK down end of season and maybe CC if he signs. Jettison all UFAs if we can get picks or prospects, sell high on Petry and Tatar if you can. Nobody is taking Price with the way he’s played.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The only clear answer to the question...

Bergevin.

As unfortunate & ridiculous as it is, our sad reality is that he is likely the safest despite being the architect of the worst multi-year stretch in franchise history...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad