Who is on your Mount Rushmore of hockey players?

Who are your 4 picks?

• Total voters

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Jiri Hudler

CnSLiWe.jpg

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Pretty easy answer when there are 4 players that are consistently in discussion for the GOAT.

Beyond that, Howe, Orr, Gretzky and Lemieux all did a lot to help grow the game in their own way, and have very recognizable faces that nearly everyone can appreciate.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Matt Cooke
Sean Avery
Todd Bertuzzi
Darcy Tucker

They are dirty just like the presidents on Mount Rushmore

Reactions: Regal

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Bure, Bertuzzi, Petterson, q hughes.

Shutup I'm not biased.

Shit. And gino odjick. Played poker against him once. Went all in with a shit hand against him just to be able to say I "knocked out Gino" and I won. His hands were as big as my head.

Reactions: Thenameless

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Gretzky, Lemieux, Howe, Orr.
I think this is the proper answer. However I voted for Crosby instead of Lemiuex just to have kind of one from each era in a sense. Howe - old school hockey, Orr - changing the game to more skill, Gretzky - dominating the skill era Bobby started, Crosby - the start of the 2 way game era

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
orr had 7 great seasons , bourque had like 20 excellent with many great seasons . longevity matters imo :
GRETZKY - HOWE - BOURQUE - ROY

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Sundin? Kariya? Clarke? McDavid? Brett Hull?

Just looking to stuff the field a little?

In any case, this was a foregone conclusion: The big 4. Ask 10 years from now, it'll likely still be those four.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The only member of the big 4 I can see taking out is Lemieux. His career mostly overlapped Gretzky's and Gretzky did everything Lemieux did and more, while playing the same position. Gretzky also did it first, showing that those video game numbers were possible. As great as Lemieux was, I think Gretzky, Howe and Orr all had more influence on the game and the players to come. Even though Lemieux was better, I can see putting Hasek or Roy to represent the goalie position, Crosby or Ovechkin to represent the most recent era (and Ovechkin for arguably the beat goalscorer), or someone like Morenz or Shore to represent eras before Howe. I'm honestly not sure who to go with, though it does feel weird not to go with Lemieux

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The only member of the big 4 I can see taking out is Lemieux. His career mostly overlapped Gretzky's and Gretzky did everything Lemieux did and more, while playing the same position. Gretzky also did it first, showing that those video game numbers were possible. As great as Lemieux was, I think Gretzky, Howe and Orr all had more influence on the game and the players to come. Even though Lemieux was better, I can see putting Hasek or Roy to represent the goalie position, Crosby or Ovechkin to represent the most recent era (and Ovechkin for arguably the beat goalscorer), or someone like Morenz or Shore to represent eras before Howe. I'm honestly not sure who to go with, though it does feel weird not to go with Lemieux
You're right that it feels weird. Lemieux is the 2nd best player in history. Arguably had a peak like Gretzky. No need to represent a goalie when they're a whole level behind Lemieux.

Reactions: 412 Others

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Hasek, Hemsky, Luongo, Draisaitl.

HM: Sergei Samsonov, Marchant, Kovalchuk

Hasek is the goat.
Hemsky is my goat.
Luongo is who I wanted to be when I was a kid.
Draisaitl is my current favourite.

Samsonov was a player I always liked. I was so happy to see him play for the Oilers.
Marchant go fast.
Kovalchuk go snipe.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Orr, Gretzky, Howe and Probert.

Four different players, each best at what they did.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I think 99% of hockey fans would agree on this

Can we do a poll for the mount Rushmore of hockey scumbags ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad