Who is on your Mount Rushmore of hockey players?

Who are your 4 picks?

• Total voters

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Gretzky, Orr, Howe and Lemieux. Absolutely no argument for anyone else (unless every position has to be represented in which case you drop Lemieux for Hasek).

Reactions: VanIslander

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well if Bobby Hull is ranked around 5 or 6 all time by hforums, I thought he’d be on the list before some of the 35 other names.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bobholly39

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Hockey Mt Rushmore:

Wayne, Mario, Orr, Gordie

My Mt Rushmore:

Lecavalier, E. Staal, Brodeur, Thornton

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Paul Kariya
Teemu Selanne
Andy McDonald
Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Samuel Pahlsson

Even though there's only room for four, Pahlsson makes it in because he's literally god.

And yes, that's the correct usage of the word 'literally'.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Well, I think THE hockey Mt. Rushmore is pretty cut and dry. My personal Mt. Rushmore, representing the momentous players in MY fandom would be Forsberg, Lundqvist, Ovechkin and Leetch.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
The obvious 4 of course. If I was doing one with my favorites..
Gretzky, Lafleur, Kharlamov, Orr

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Well if you look at the original Mounth Rushmore the Presidents are chosen to represent the nation's birth (Washington), growth (Jefferson), development (Theodore Roosevelt), and preservation (Lincoln). So no way you could do Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr and Howe under those circumstances...

It would be more like Joe Malone (birth), Gordie Howe (growth), Jaromir Jagr or Bobby Orr (development), Ovechkin, Crosby or McDavid(preservation) depending on how things turn out from here on out. So basically no Gretzky or Lemieux if you follow the original definition of Mounth Rushmore...

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
For me Mt. Rushmore is the symbol for power , perseverance, leadership, on ice dominance, greatness. Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier, McDavid. Any one of Orr, Howe, Hasek all also easy winners.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
This thread is CIA initiated: uncover the cranks.

The answer to the question is OBVIOUS.

#5... ? Now THAT is interesting!

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
Well if you look at the original Mounth Rushmore the Presidents are chosen to represent the nation's birth (Washington), growth (Jefferson), development (Theodore Roosevelt), and preservation (Lincoln). So no way you could do Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr and Howe under those circumstances...

It would be more like Joe Malone (birth), Gordie Howe (growth), Jaromir Jagr or Bobby Orr (development), Ovechkin, Crosby or McDavid(preservation) depending on how things turn out from here on out. So basically no Gretzky or Lemieux if you follow the original definition of Mounth Rushmore...
In your scenario, Gretzky would be under growth. Him getting traded to LA grew the game more than any other event or player.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
So, the four people on Mt. Rushmore weren't picked as being "the best" but for the nation's birth (washington), growth (jefferson), development (roosevelt), and preservation (lincoln). Applying this to the NHL, I'd lean towards:
Morenz (birth of NHL, first superstar)
Howe (growth of the NHL)
Orr (development, changes the defensive position)
Gretzky (preservation of new generation of hockey players)

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Bobby Hull should of been listed as a choice. Counting WHA, he’s the all time leader in goals.

I mean how can you ignore him but put guys like Sundin, Kurri and Kariya instead? At least Hull is a legit consideration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad