Speculation: Who Is on the Block on Your Team, and Who Do You Want on There?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
James Neal and Kris Russell might be on the block just for cap reasons, but I can't see anyone taking him for the same reasons we would want to move them. Right now our biggest need is cap space.

Obviously Pulujarvi as well, but let's be real, he's not getting us what we need back, at least not as a piece on his own. Maybe we can package him up.

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Mittelstadt as a start point for Brodin?

Assuming Fischer is available.

Interested in Bowers. Available?

Will Salic use a CBO on Johnson?

What would Chicago want for Strome?
Yes and no. He's inexpensive cap and brings some toughness. Solid 4th liner that can play up. He fell under a lot of our hopes but it's hard to be upset with such a minimal cap hit. Probably more likely he's a sweetener in a deal for a top 6 player considering we need more players with tenacity to their game, not less.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Interested in Bowers. Available?
I mean I’m sure he’s not untouchable but he’d only be moved as part of a package for someone much better. Otherwise they’ll just continue to let him marinate. He’s one of their best prospects and his ELC will be important to the team.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets only need a 2C upgrade. Little is a 45-50 north south guy, we need a more dynamic 2C capable of 60+ points who can play a more dynamic east west game when required.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Jets:
Who is on the block - no one really
Who do I want there - maybe Kulikov/Perreault, although their contracts are up soon anyways. Potentially Bryan Little but only if we had some plan in place to replace him at #2C.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
:ducks

The guys that have value:
Rakell
Henrique
Manson

Some may say Fowler but I doubt it. Ducks management love him and he has had a great year.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
:ducks

The guys that have value:
Rakell
Henrique
Manson

Some may say Fowler but I doubt it. Ducks management love him and he has had a great year.

Maybe people could post what their team needs are, if they are trading away such players. Thanks

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets:
Who is on the block - no one really
Who do I want there - maybe Kulikov/Perreault, although their contracts are up soon anyways. Potentially Bryan Little but only if we had some plan in place to replace him at #2C.

Agreed.

MP & Kulikov (his deal is done this summer) I think are fine and have one more year left and Jets this summer have tons of cap space available assuming Buff deal is terminated like they said they are going to do already. So cap space is our friend this summer, heck we might be in a position to take a bad 1-2 yr cap hit in a trade if paid to do so as part of a 2C deal.

Jets only need is a dynamic 2C at this point assuming DeMelo is extended.

Reactions: jetsforever

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Miller has more upside and better tools. Lundkvist is a very, very safe bet to be a middle pairing defenseman. I think his upside is a solid 2D. Miller has upside to be a Byfuglien/Burns type. I think Miller’s defense is underrated and his offensive tools are better like his skating+size combo, along with his shot. Lundkvist is a good skater, but isn’t fast or as big as Miller. He’s a bit smarter though, but the defense is closer than it seems

Miller has had these mysterious tools for years that none of us ever see, while Lundkvist has no tools and was one of the best players in the SHL this season.

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
Miller has had these mysterious tools for years that none of us ever see, while Lundkvist has no tools and was one of the best players in the SHL this season.
Development isn’t linear. What mysterious tools? Everyone knows and has seen his size, skating, and shot on display along with his unreal athleticism. Miller has always been a 4-5 year project and he’s still relatively new to the defense position. Look at his dominant year last year on a competent Wisconsin team. This year only Caufield has excelled in Wisconsin. The entire team including prospects with similar pedigree have struggled

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Development isn’t linear. What mysterious tools? Everyone knows and has seen his size, skating, and shot on display along with his unreal athleticism. Miller has always been a 4-5 year project and he’s still relatively new to the defense position. Look at his dominant year last year on a competent Wisconsin team. This year only Caufield has excelled in Wisconsin. The entire team including prospects with similar pedigree have struggled

Sean Day is good in those same areas. Those are the usual tools package that get overrated and don’t translate into NHL success without being good in more important areas of hockey.

Miller wasn’t dominant his freshman season. He scored more points than was expected, but otherwise played the same game he always has. This season, he was terrible. I agree that a lot of the Wisconsin team struggled and I don’t think he’s getting good coaching at Wisconsin, but I think it’s telling of the player that Miller will likely be that it’s the same story two years after the draft about his potential driving the storyline, while Lundkvist has shown clear development and is ready to step into the NHL.

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
Sean Day is good in those same areas. Those are the usual tools package that get overrated and don’t translate into NHL success without being good in more important areas of hockey.

Miller wasn’t dominant his freshman season. He scored more points than was expected, but otherwise played the same game he always has. This season, he was terrible. I agree that a lot of the Wisconsin team struggled and I don’t think he’s getting good coaching at Wisconsin, but I think it’s telling of the player that Miller will likely be that it’s the same story two years after the draft about his potential driving the storyline, while Lundkvist has shown clear development and is ready to step into the NHL.
I’ve watched him both this and last year. Last year he was dominant unless he just was dominant for the 7-8 games I watched? This year he hasn’t been dominant but he looks like he stagnated, much like the rest of Wisconsin. Sean Day was never even close to Miller’s level so that’s not even a valid point. Miller has higher upside, Lundkvist is safer but also has 2/3 D upside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad