GDT: WHo is Going To Beat Those Bruins Vs Islanders: Friday 25 Jan 7:00pm(ET) Nesn

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
OP looks good, but you should go in, highlight everything and then align it to the center (5th button from the left).

Afam*

OP looks good, but you should go in, highlight everything and then align it to the center (5th button from the left).

ok. i will also try and put up today's the bruins lineup. I just wanted too have the thread up and running so you guys can have a thread to discuss today's game. What does mean Btw ?. The font looks good though.

Afam*

done with the Op. when do the Bruinblogs normally post their game lineups?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
dobby-hp7-sparks-1280x1024.jpg

tonight?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Sticking with the theme- getting to the NHL, but being drafted by the Isles has to feel like being accepted to Hogwarts, but being sorted into Hufflepuff.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
While, like Afam, I like Harry Potter, I hate, Hate, HATE Dobby as a nickname for Khudobin. I can't even really tell you why. One of those weird little things I guess.

I always just call him Khudo. I understand his name is pronounced with more of an "H" than a "K" but I still like it. If he plays well, he receives kudos.

However, in making a Russian connection, that Harry Potter character does look like Vladimir Putin.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Everything would appear to be adding up to a Bruins win in this one, but this Isles team is not to be taken lightly, at least not offensively. I think depth-wise, they are no match for us, but their first two lines do have some good skill. As long as we play tight defensively in our own zone, we should be fine, but if we are sloppy or Anton (assuming he plays) shows some game rust, it could be a little tighter than it should be.

If Khudobin does get the start, it will be interesting to see how the Bruins play in front of him. They weren't exactly great in front of Rask when he was in as the back-up the two previous seasons. Granted, a lot of those games were on the second night of a back-to-back, but I think part of it was that they mentally let down b/c having the back-up goalie in signaled to them that the game didn't mean as much, or that the opponent wasn't a concern. I hope they avoid that let-down mentality tonight.

I also look forward to seeing Tavares play tonight...one of the best young players in the game.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
After playing a season in NHL 13, I have Gary Thorne's pronunciation (hoo-DAW-bin) ingrained in my head. Of course, he's awful in that game so I've been riding Rask into the ground =/

Afam*

I always just call him Khudo. I understand his name is pronounced with more of an "H" than a "K" but I still like it. If he plays well, he receives kudos.

However, in making a Russian connection, that Harry Potter character does look like Vladimir Putin.

I could care less which goalie starts. As long as one of them goes Expelliarmus on the Islanders, all is well. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad